Corrupted file

ScaleRichView support and discussion (TRichView add-on for WYSIWYG editing)
jimmaguire

Corrupted file

Post by jimmaguire »

I've been using TRichViewEdit for a couple years with no problem. We are beta testing the same program using ScaleRichView and had a case where TRichViewEdit.LoadRVFFromStream complained that the file was corrupted or in use. Sure enough, the blob field it was stored in had only a few lines that were unreadable except where one had "style". Note that the blob field is now written to using TSRichViewEdit.SaveRVFToStream, but other parts of the program that do the mail merge still use TRichViewEdit.LoadRVFFromStream.

Anyway, my question is, where should I look. Thanks!
jimmaguire

Ignore above post

Post by jimmaguire »

It must have been something with out db, the blob field magically reappeared? Not a TSRichViewEdit problem, sorry. :{
jimmaguire

Was due to incompatiblity with cell padding

Post by jimmaguire »

This problem turned out to be due to an incompatibility where older versions of trichviewedit cannot read rvf files saved by new versions when the cell left and right padding is not equal. I had the problem even when the padding is the same so I ifdef out the code as suggested in the bugreports forum.
proxy3d
ScaleRichView Developer

Re: Was due to incompatiblity with cell padding

Post by proxy3d »

This problem turned out to be due to an incompatibility where older versions of trichviewedit cannot read rvf files saved by new versions when the cell left and right padding is not equal. I had the problem even when the padding is the same so I ifdef out the code as suggested in the bugreports forum.

This question on a component trichviewedit. Please write here only questions concerning ScaleRichView.
Questions concerning TRichView at forum RichVew.