Does the ScaleRichView Full (non-Trial) Version look better?

ScaleRichView support and discussion (TRichView add-on for WYSIWYG editing)
DavidRM

Does the ScaleRichView Full (non-Trial) Version look better?

Post by DavidRM »

I don't want to come across as rude or snarky, but...

When I've tried the ActionTest demo with ScaleRichView, I've been underwhelmed by the quality of the font rendering. It's gappy and, well, ugly. Sure, the linebreaks and heights match the printout, which is handy, but ... ick. Times New Roman, BTW, looks *really* bad in my tests.

So I have to ask: For $150 do I get an editor that looks at least as good as the TRV print preview?

Is it a speed issue, maybe? Is there a way to ratchet up the rendering quality?

I really want to use this component, but I know for a fact my users would rebel if I gave them something that rendered their text like the ActionTest demo.

Since I already have the latest TRVE installed, I can't install the ScaleRichView demo component. Which limits my ability to experiment.

Thanks.

-David
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Sorry, but the current full version of ScaleRichView looks exactly like shown in this demo.
If you have the latest version of TRichView and RichViewActions, you can install ScaleRichView trial: http://www.trichview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1963 (link for registered users)
DavidRM

Post by DavidRM »

A few questions, if you don't mind:

Is there any work being done to clean up the display?

What is the primary reason for the less-than-stellar rendering? Speed? Some Win32 API problem?

Is there a compiler switch I can toggle that will give me great-looking text at the expense of rendering speed?

Thanks!

-David
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Ilya said that output will look better in future version. But this is not a simple change, and it cannot be done very soon. It will take several months.
toolwiz

Post by toolwiz »

Any news on this? That last post was September; this is January.

I've got two wide-screen monitors and the dithering in the letters is really bad. However, I've had tome testers tell me that it looks fine in monitors with 4:3 aspect ratio monitors.

How do you address this with customers? It will cause support issues.

-David