Any guidelines for upgrading an app to use SRVE?

ScaleRichView support and discussion (TRichView add-on for WYSIWYG editing)
DavidRM

Any guidelines for upgrading an app to use SRVE?

Post by DavidRM »

I'm in the process of testing SRVE for use in my application (which has used TRVE since 2004).

My plan is to provide a "normal" TRVE editor, with the option of using SRVE for WYSIWYG. After nearly 5 years of coding for TRVE, I really don't want to *break* any of that.

So is there a collection of guidelines or gotchas for using TRVE and SRVE in the same application? And also for moving from TRVE to SRVE?

I've looked through the SRVE help file and on these forums, but haven't turned up much.

Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-David
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Generally, the conversion does not require rewritting old code, only minimal changes are required.

1) All code that used TRichViewEdit control must be applied to TSRichViewEdit.RichViewEdit property.
2) Some properties and events of TSRichViewEdit.RichViewEdit are duplicated in TSRichViewEdit. You can use any of them, but only properties and events of TSRichViewEdit are available at designtime.
3) By default, TRVStyle object is created internally by TSRichViewEdit and accessible as TSRichViewEdit.RichViewEdit.Style. If you need to access its properties and events at design time, place TRVStyle component on form and assign it to TSRichViewEdit.ExternalRVStyle.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Ilya said me that he want to explain a transition process with more details. It will be posted here.
DavidRM

Post by DavidRM »

Thanks, Sergey.

I'll keep an eye out for the more detailed version. In the meantime, I'll continue experimenting.

-David