SRV 3.0.2

ScaleRichView support and discussion (TRichView add-on for WYSIWYG editing)
palmeira

SRV 3.0.2

Post by palmeira »

I have experienced some problems with SRVE 3.0.2:

a) Some documentos that were printed correctly with SRVE 2 are not printed correctly with SRVE 3.0.2 Our problem, to be more precise, is that the first line of a numbered paragraph sometimes is not printed - the number is printed, but the rest of the line is not.

b) Words are bigger in SRVE 3.0.2 than in SRV 2. This is a big problem for us, as the documents are updated - new paragraphs are printed after the last one, and if the number of lines in a paragraph changes (as it does when we open a document using SRVE 3.0.2), the new paragraphs are printed in the wrong position.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

a) Please send me a document where it can be reproduced.

b) I am afraid this is unavoidable. A new version of ScaleRichView uses a different way for formatting text, so some text may have a different width. Since the new text output looks much better, both on the screen and the printer, we do not plan to change it.
For compatibility, you can change constant RVFORMATCANVASFACTOR (in RVStyle.pas) from 100 to 1. The result may be closer to the old results, but a quality of text drawing will be lowered.
palmeira

Post by palmeira »

a) I have made some changes to the RichViewActions demo and e-mailed it. Select File>Preview. The line after 1. is missing.

b) I agree that new output looks great. If there are no plans to change it again, I will clear all documents as ask for the users to enter the position for the first paragraph.
palmeira

Post by palmeira »

Sorry to bother you again. I have already changed my program so that I can start using SRVE 3.0.2, with the new formatting, but I can not risk have a line not printed in a contract, for example. Are there any news regarding a)? Thanks.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

We did not receive your email.
Please resend it to richview/gmail/com
If it contained exe files (even zipped) please remove them.
palmeira

Post by palmeira »

The files have been sent.
Just select File> Preview.
The line to the right of 1. is not printed.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Received. Cannot reproduce. Details by email.