PageBreak inside table row

ScaleRichView support and discussion (TRichView add-on for WYSIWYG editing)
OrgaDev10

PageBreak inside table row

Post by OrgaDev10 »

hello,
we need to work with PageBreaks inside a table row because our data comes out of a database and there is no guarantee that the row height will not stretch to the next page, otherwise we can't work with ScaleRichView.

Is there a workaraound you can recommend (not only at printing)?

By the way, in MSWord (2007) the row continues at the next page without splitting the table above that row, even if the columns contain different items.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

No, ScaleRichView does not support page breaks in cells. There is no workaround except for using smaller rows.
Planned for future.
Kevin Leo

Re: PageBreak inside table row

Post by Kevin Leo »

We have implemented it like this:
1st, we set the first page's ending row and the next page's starting row with the same row,which crosses pages;
2nd, when SRV paints the next page, we set an offset upward to the Y co-ordinate of the row, whose part is painted as the first row on the page.

Result like this:
https://share.weiyun.com/34ef74cc833e71 ... d4ba9772ab
milkiway

Post by milkiway »

Hi Sergey,

I want to migrate to your components set from WPTools and after quick review on trial version i think its really good job! But i have same problem as above. Non-functional PageBreaks inside table is really big problem for me. I'll trying print by TRichView and it looks better but it's only kind of prosthesis for ScaleRichView print (it's generate problems with footer e.g) and i still wonder about migrate. Tell me, are you going to improve this in the near future?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Sorry, not in near future.
In this year, we are concentrating to porting to Lazarus and FireMonkey
milkiway

Post by milkiway »

O! Firemonkey and lazarus sounds really nice. :!: But dont you think that solve common feature makes problem from 2010 with random frequency will satisfy many current and feature castomers?
I dont want to impose on you, its your decisions of course but i think it is worth rethinking matter once again.

Best regards
kbor

Post by kbor »

Hi Sergey,
Your component is often used to create tabular statements. The lack of correct table handling prevents the use of ScaleRichView.
tmark

Post by tmark »

Hi
I am voting for to set higher priority to cell splitting between pages. It is a very serious issue brought up of my clients. Both are using tables for data presentation witch almost always result in height of rows.

regards
tmark
milkiway

Post by milkiway »

Any news from battlefield in this case?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Not planned for this year, sorry.