Server issue after close connection two clients

RVMedia support and discussion (components for displaying and controlling IP cameras, webcams, video conferencing, video chats, recording audio and video files)
friman

Server issue after close connection two clients

Post by friman »

Hello

Still the same issue with server, I run two clients app, chat and share camera between them, after close boths instances. Then when I try to run an instance again it is unable to connect to the server again. The RVCamReceiver1SessionConnected event is not triggered ...... and only shows an error showed bellow. I could not find exactly where this error is fire. I have add both images to help my references. So, after that I should force close server (because do not allow restart) and reopen again.
Please let me know if is possible fix that or if I am coding something wrong.

Regards

Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Does this error occur in our unmodified demo projects or in your application?
friman

Post by friman »

That occur on my application, but for example if some client close abnormal on server side it look like connected, then start also this problem. Other small bug is that some times it doesnot detect chat message sent by some side (client) and after repeat message is when it start to work normal.
In some moments (testing with demos) when user A start video and user B accept video request, user B is disconnected.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

1) If a client is terminated abnormally, the server tries to keep a connection to this client for some time. It's because the server does not know about the client termination, there are may be other reasons why the client is not responding (for example, a temporal connection problems).
After some (not too long) time the server drops this connection, you can see it in its log window.

2) A problem with not-receiving text messages after some time of inactivity must be fixed in RVMedia 4. It happened because the system closes connections because of inactivity, we added special measures to keep connections alive.

3)
In some moments (testing with demos) when user A start video and user B accept video request, user B is disconnected.
Can you explain with more details, what do you mean by accepting video request? If you placed a breakpoint in an event, a connection may be timed out while debugging.
friman

Post by friman »

Hi,
I will try record some small video when it happend and will share.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

If an exception when using the components in your application, please create a project (as simple as possible) reproducing it, and send to us.
friman

Post by friman »

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, anyway hrs ago I sent to you an small code to your email. Please check it and let me know.
Thanks on advance
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Sorry, I did not receive it.
If it included an exe file, please send without it.
Please sent to both [email protected] and richviewgmailcom.
friman

Post by friman »

I sent again to both emails, please check.
Thanks
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

I received them.
friman

Post by friman »

Ok, please write back if you find some solution for that.
Thanks
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

I sent a corrected version of your project to you.
You created your client application basing on our demo projects, but removed processing of several important events.
friman

Post by friman »

Hi Serguey

Sorry for my delayed answer. I got it and solved my trouble.
Thanks