Hikvision Camera

RVMedia support and discussion (components for displaying and controlling IP cameras, webcams, video conferencing, video chats, recording audio and video files)
budski

Hikvision Camera

Post by budski »

Hi, i recently acquired a Hikvision camera and i am trying to use the RVMedia components with it. has anybody else used these components with a Hikvision camera? i can see in the demo that it works with axis and panasonic cameras but i cannot get it to work with a hikvision camera. any help would be much appreciated!
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Is there any documentation for this camera, explaining how to get URL of video stream if you know the camera IP address?
budski

Post by budski »

Hi, no there is not. the documentation that came with the camera is really poor. That's why i have been hunting on the web and asking on forums if anyone else has done anything like this before?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

If this camera is a clone of some camera by a major manufacturer, or at least it uses the same programming API, it can be detected and used by RVMedia (as a camera of another manufacturer).

But if this camera produces not MJpeg, but H264 video stream, RVMedia may be able to detect it only if FFmpeg is available for the application.
Tamas

HIKVISION question

Post by Tamas »

Hi Budski,

Did you get HIKVISON camera working with RVMedia component because we are hoping to do this for an upcoming project.

Regards
Tamas
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

In the current release of RVMedia (which will be uploaded when we finish testing it), we implemented a special support only for one additional type of cameras: H.264 Foscam cameras (they changed protocol significantly).

As for HIKVISION cameras, sorry, I cannot say if it supported or not.
If you have a specification of commands for this camera, please send it to me (richviewgmailcom), and I will be able to answer.

There are 3 levels of support possible:
- support for administration and movement
- camera detection (you specify CameraHost:CameraPort, and TRVCamera finds video URL)
- displaying video, if the exact video URL is specified (all cameras producing MJPEG and H.264 video streams are supported in this way)