Problem with video resolution

RVMedia support and discussion (components for displaying and controlling IP cameras, webcams, video conferencing, video chats, recording audio and video files)
rojillo

Problem with video resolution

Post by rojillo »

I've been testing RVMedia and there is something I do not understand. I tried it with public cameras, I Know positively resolution is 640x480, but when I play with your component I can only play to 320x240, I thought I was doing something wrong, so I tried your demo "MediaTest.exe "and it is exactly the same, played at 320x240.

However, if instead of using the host:port, i use URL putting host/mjpg/video.mjpg then if you play the correct resolution.

Why does this happen?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Can you give us video URL to test (you can send it to richviewgmailcom)
rojillo

Post by rojillo »

Sergey Tkachenko wrote:Can you give us video URL to test (you can send it to richviewgmailcom)
I tested it with multiple cameras, I have sent one.

Regards.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

We discussed this issue with the developer.
He explained that RVCamera requests video from host:port in the resolution specified in VideoResolution property.
In MediaTest demo, all cameras have VideoResolution = rv320_240 (only RVCamera1 has rv640_480, we overlooked it).

So just change VideoResolution = rv640_480 for all RVCameras.
I requested from the developer a new video resolution, "default". If it is specified, RVCamera will not add the desired video resolution in its request.
rojillo

Post by rojillo »

Ok. I mention I've tried changing the VideoResolution= rv640_480 on all cameras and the result is the same.

I've also seen a property in TRVCamMultiView and TRVCamView components not seem to work properly, I mean ShowCameraSearch, in help says this:

"Indicates whether the control displays a special panel while searching for the camera."

If I turn off the property, the search panel persists.

Regards.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

I confirm the bugs.

1) The line
FVideoResolution := rv320_240
must be removed from procedure TPrepareThread.PrepareAxis.

2) We accidentally removed the code processing ShowCameraSearch property. It will be added back in the next update.
rojillo

Post by rojillo »

I am using the trial version and if it is not right for me to use the forum to discuss these problems here. If you confirm me I comment on other problems that I've seen.

Regards.
rojillo

Post by rojillo »

My English is very basic, do you understand the question I have raised ?, I use the forum to post other errors I found ?.

Regards.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

You can post questions to this forum, or send them by email richviewgmailcom
rojillo

Post by rojillo »

Component: RV Camera
Property: CameraSearchTimeout

Problem: The search does not respect the time set on the property.

Component: RVCamera
Events: OnEndVideoFile

Problem: The event not Occur When a video is stopped.

I can not find any documentation in help of the CameraChannel property, what exactly is your role?.

Regards.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

1) Yes, CameraSearchTimeOut is not used in VCL version of RVMedia.
In Windows, RVMedia uses the standard Windows API (WinInet), it does not allow specifying timeout properly.
This property can be used only if our cross-platform replacement for WinInet (MRVInet.pas) is used. Currently, we enable it only in Linux version

2) OnEndVideoFile occurs when playing Mjpeg file using PlayVideoFile method.
You can see how it is used in the demo Demos\Cameras\Recording\

3) CameraChannel allows switching channels for some Axis and Foxcam cameras that can provide several video channels. Unfortunately, RVMedia does not know if the current camera supports multiple channels and how many channels it provides.
rojillo

Post by rojillo »

Sergey thanks for the clarification.

Regards.