How to use ffmpeg

RVMedia support and discussion (components for displaying and controlling IP cameras, webcams, video conferencing, video chats, recording audio and video files)
pgerbet

How to use ffmpeg

Post by pgerbet »

Hello,
how can i use communication in h.264 in real time with ffmpeg?
I kwon is not you project, but you say that is possible to.

Can you explain how configure windows 7 or 10 for use codec ?
than you.
Best regards
Patrice
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

You can simply place 32-bit dll (from http://www.trichview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6880 ) in the same folder as your application, and RVMedia will be able to use it.

Note that RVMedia uses FFmpeg only for receiving video from a camera or external video streams. When communicating between TRVCamSender and TRVCamReceiver, our own video format is used; basically, jpeg images (of the full frames or changed fragments) are sent. I.e. the current version of RVMedia does not use FFmpeg when sending video to the network.
pgerbet

Post by pgerbet »

hello Sergey,
Do you think possible to send in very quick futur send video flux with rvmedia in h264 with ffmeg ?
In fact my problem is the quality of internet line are very often poor, and i want use the best compression usable for the best result with bad internet quality.

So have you any soluce for server ?
Thank you for your help
Best regards
patrice
pgerbet

Post by pgerbet »

Hello Sergey,
I have check little bit,
so have you any soluce for create a server that send video stream (audio + video) in h246 or mpeg to client Rvmedia ?
Because my client only receive video and sound , he can send sound some time but never send any video.
Withch soluce i can found, like any "simple server" on windows pc ?
thank you for your help best regards
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

As I said, RVMedia does not support video + audio encoding using FFMpeg or GStreamer.
It sends video and audio in its own format. Video frames are sent as jpegs, with possibility of sending only changed fragments.
Audio is sent uncompressed by default, but can be zip-compressed if you specify CamSender.CompressionOptions

RVMedia supports sending files. So you can encode video + audio in a file, then send this file, and then play the received file. However, RVMedia does not have functions for video+audio compression, you must do it yourself.