Excluding users from opening a certain cam

RVMedia support and discussion (components for displaying and controlling IP cameras, webcams, video conferencing, video chats, recording audio and video files)
DeerBear

Excluding users from opening a certain cam

Post by DeerBear »

Hello!

One of the things I will need is the ability for video-chatters to shut off their video stream for specific users.

Right now, it is only possible to filter out senders instead of receivers.

I think this requirement is not that uncommon, so I think there has to be a way to do it. If not, would you have any timeline about its addition?

Thanks!

A
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

For a client, there are 3 methods to specify the receivers of its data:

1) Assign TRVCamSender.GUIDTo = id of the receiving client. In this way, this client sends media only to this client.

2) Assign TRVCamSender.GUIDGroup = id of the group ("chat room"). In this way, this client sends media to all members of the group. Currently, any other client can join any group (if it knows the group id). In the next update, we add password protection to group.

3) You can use "default receivers" mechanism on the sender.
http://www.trichview.com/help-media/trv ... ethods.htm
In this way, every client creates a list of clients that receive its media. It can add and remove receiving clients when it wants.
All our "VideoChats" demo projects use this method (although, not via AddDefaultReceiver and RemoveDefaultReceiver methods, but via "media access" methods and events). Even the Chat demo, where all clients join the same group on the server, sends media using default receivers, not via GUIDGroup.
DeerBear

Further info

Post by DeerBear »

Hi!

Let me outline the scenario:

UserA is in a group where UserB is mocking UserA for what UserA is wearing. UserA, as a form of punishment, instead of blocking UserB wants to cut off his/her ability to view UserA's cam.

See what I mean? This is useful in a number of scenarios where someone is being an idiot and you still want to give the blocking user the ability to talk to the idiot for whatever reason.

A
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

UserA can call RVCamSender.RemoveDefaultReceiver(UserB's id)
(or RVCamSender.CancelMediaAccessRequest, it's the same)

It works if media data are sent not using GUIDGroup, but to default receivers.
Groups and default receivers can be used together, clients can add all group members (except for punished ones) to their list of default receivers. Our Chat demo works in this way.
DeerBear

Post by DeerBear »

I was hoping a similar mechanism would be available for groups, too.
I would say that it is basically needed just there.

A