Detect file name

RVMedia support and discussion (components for displaying and controlling IP cameras, webcams, video conferencing, video chats, recording audio and video files)
secs

Detect file name

Post by secs »

Hi All.

I have an ip camera we are trialling and using VCL I can see the stream using the address rtsp://192.168.4.6:554/0

But I dont know if the file is a MPG, MOV or whatever nor its name.

Is there a way I can find this out so I can test the RVMedia components and capture the stream?

Peter
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: Detect file name

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

The exact stream type is needed only if you use GStreamer.
If you use FFmpeg, video format is auto-detected.
secs

Post by secs »

Thanks Sergey.

SO I can just use the rtsp://192.168.4.6:554/0 as the URL? SO far by trying the demos I am unable to get anything to show but I will now give it another go. I can see the camera using VCL and that address so I know its ok.

Thanks once again. Peter
secs

Post by secs »

Sorry. I am sure your components will work. If I have to I will buy a camera that is known to work but for now I want to exhaust all options with cameras we have.

As I said before using VCL I can see the stream using rtsp://192.168.4.6/0 and the rtsp port is on 554

I dont seem to be able to get Gstreamer to be recognised on the system and I have installed it twice so using ffmpeg thingo.

WHat are the bare properties I need to set on RVcamera to get it to hook up? All I need to do is prove it can see them and we will purchase a registered copy as it will be used in a specially written software package for an Australian company
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Unfortunately, gstreamer.com now points to gstreamer.freedesktop.org that contains GStreamer version not supported by RVMedia (and not having H.264 decoder, AFAIK). The we will post links to the proper GStreamer version later.
However, to my opinion, using GStreamer makes sense only in Linux. In Windows, FFmpeg is better.

Unfortunately, I cannot test why you specific stream does not work, this address is in a private network. If you can make this camera available for us, you can send me a link for testing.

You can test the demo in Demos\Cameras\FFmpeg.
Copy 32-bit FFmpeg DLLs to the folder of this demo. Run. Click "Add", enter rtsp://192.168.4.6/0:554
secs

Post by secs »

Thanks Sergey.

I have sent you a PM with an address

Peter