Problems with D-Link DCS-2132LB camera

RVMedia support and discussion (components for displaying and controlling IP cameras, webcams, video conferencing, video chats, recording audio and video files)
Bernhard

Problems with D-Link DCS-2132LB camera

Post by Bernhard »

Hi
I plan to buy your IP-camera package for embarcadero.
So I downloaded the trial version and tried to acces my new D-Link DCS-2132LB camera. I used the simplest demo program Switchcam and whereas I was able to connect to many cameras in the list of the source, the program didn't connect to my D-Link camera. I must use a username and Password and if I don't include it in the IP address (for example 192.168.1.112/video1.mjpg, the Browser (Chrome) would ask for username and password and then display the image. I I use [email protected]/video1.mjpg ("none" is the username without Password) it would go right away to the image.
For obvious reasons, I prefer your app over the Browser, because I then can position and size the window as I want. But I need to be able to connect to different cameras including my D-Link. The Axis-Cameras seem to work fine.
Do you have any idea?
Regards Bernhard
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: Problems with D-Link DCS-2132LB camera

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

You can test your camera with our Demos\Cameras\MediaTest_Delphi demo.
In addition from choosing the camera from the list, it allows to enter the camera parameters in the field.
You can see fields for user name and password. RVMedia does not display a dialog for entering them, you must specify them before connecting.
Enter http://192.168.1.112/video1.mjpg in the URL field.
Then click "Search Camera".

In the code, the fields mentioned above correspond to the properties of TRVCamera: UserName, UserPassword, URL.

There are also CameraHost and CameraPort properties. They are alternative to URL, and can be used when the exact video URL is not known: RVMedia can search for streams in widely used addresses at the specified host. However, I just checked in the search templates, 'video1.mjpg' is not in our lists, so you need to specify the full video address in the URL property.
Bernhard

Re: Problems with D-Link DCS-2132LB camera

Post by Bernhard »

Hi,
After I changed the camera definition in the demo program to

'alias=D-Link Cam1 Bernie|' + 'url=http://192.168.1.112/video1.mjpg|' + 'host=192.168.1.112|' + 'port=80|' +
'login=admin|' + 'password=1234567890|' + 'VideoImagesURLs=|' + 'control=0',

the demo worked fine. I'm impressed, how easy it is and I will purchase a license. The only thing which surprised me a little bit is the time delay. But other than that, everything is great.
Thank's for the help.
Bernhard