RVMedia and Generic h.264 CCTV DVRs

RVMedia support and discussion (components for displaying and controlling IP cameras, webcams, video conferencing, video chats, recording audio and video files)
Mitsoloth

RVMedia and Generic h.264 CCTV DVRs

Post by Mitsoloth »

I have a Chinese Generic h.264 DVR with 4 channels which i can also monitor through the google play app DVRPlayer (The DVR has an IP, the cameras do not but are owned by a channel). I would like to create an app in delphi in order to be able to also monitor them from my PC. Are RVMedia components able to connect to such a DVR? I successfully tried them on IP Cameras but i had no luck with this DVR.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: RVMedia and Generic h.264 CCTV DVRs

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Does this DVR simply provide four H.264 streams? Are they accessible by their URLs? Are these URLs known?
Mitsoloth

Post by Mitsoloth »

Well... it does not provide any separate URLs... in order to connect to the DVR through the browser you also have to be on Internet Explorer 6 so the ActiveX thingies get installed and provide control to the DVR and the cameras. These android apps that CAN connect (DVRplayer from Google Play) to it only need the IP and the port of the DVR (34599) and it can detect the channels on its own.

I know that many details might be missing from my description but it's really all i could find fidgeting around with this DVR. I tried finding documentation in order to understand how these DVRs work with the network but i haven't managed to find anything useful. If these details do not ring any bell i guess i should go for a DVR upgrade.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

I believe this ActiveX just makes the proper video stream URL by these IP address and port.
Similarly, our TRVCamera, when you assign CameraHost and CameraPort properties (and, in new version, maybe also RTSPPort) and call SeachCamera, tries to make video stream URL. But TRVCamera does not know the camera model on CameraHost:CameraPort, so it enumerates many URLs from our template list and checks them.
To detect H.264 stream, FFmpeg must be available, and TRVCamera.VideoFormat must be rvvfH264 (before calling SearchCamera).
If TRVCamera cannot find URL for your DVR, its video URL is not in our templates, and TRVCamera can work with it only if you specify the exact video URL. Try looking in DVR documentation, may be it is specified there.