Capturing a background window

RVMedia support and discussion (components for displaying and controlling IP cameras, webcams, video conferencing, video chats, recording audio and video files)
oliver

Capturing a background window

Post by oliver »

Before switching to RVMedia I used a video capture component that was capable of capturing the contents of a window even when the window was behind other windows. Is something like this possible with RVMedia?

The only caveat with that component was that it wouldn't capture menu interactions or modal windows that it displayed, but I'm ok with that.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: Capturing a background window

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Currently, RVMedia just get coordinates of the specified window, and then sends video from this screen's rectangle.

I know, it is possible to get an image of the window using WinAPI PrintWindow function. Probably, it will be supported in future version of RVMedia. But not, I suggest just bring the specified window to a foreground.
oliver

Re: Capturing a background window

Post by oliver »

I am looking forward to the implementation of this feature in a future version.

In my implementation, I am bringing a another application's window into my own application and unless there are 2 monitors there is usually not enough space on the screen for both applications to be in the foreground.