Exception during shutdown

RVMedia support and discussion (components for displaying and controlling IP cameras, webcams, video conferencing, video chats, recording audio and video files)
oliver

Exception during shutdown

Post by oliver »

Ever since I added TRVCamcorder and TRVCamera to my application I was getting a strange "BluetoothSocketException" during program shutdown:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (7.38 KiB) Viewed 16377 times
BTW: My application doesn't even do anything with Bluetooth.

I narrowed it down to setting the TRVCamcorder->Activate=true. When I don't perform that one step, my application shuts down without any issues.

I tried to duplicate this in a small sample application, but unfortunately I was not able to duplicate it.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Anything I should do to TRVCamcorder or TRVCamera before closing the app (aside from the obvious TRVCamcorder->Activate=false and TRVCamera->Abort())?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: Exception during shutdown

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

While we have some fixes in initialization/finalization code since the release of RVMedia 5.3 (I hope we will be able to release it after several days), I am not sure that this problem is fixed.

Do you use C++Builder?
I found this information about this exception: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/349 ... to-mongodb
oliver

Post by oliver »

I implemented the workaround specified in that link, but I still get the same error during shutdown.

I added a TFDConnect->Connected=true in a test application, but no exception was raised during shutdown.

I even tried to trigger that exception by calling WSACleanup() in my application directly (without calling WSAStartup() first), but again no exception.

Looks like that 2 year old issue may have been fixed. Setting TRVCamcorder->Activate=true just causes that same exception.

Yes, I am using C++ Builder 10.2.3.

Will your updated version be available for users of your demo version?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

We need some time to investigate this issue. It looks like this is a C++Builder issue and it is not directly related to our code, so it cannot be fixed in our code. But I'll try to find a workaround.