passing commands to FFMpeg

RVMedia support and discussion (components for displaying and controlling IP cameras, webcams, video conferencing, video chats, recording audio and video files)
scotty69169

passing commands to FFMpeg

Post by scotty69169 »

I got FFmpeg to see my camera correctly and write a file. But I had to use the following command line:

ffmpeg -loglevel debug -rtsp_transport tcp -i "rtsp://admin:[email protected]:554/profile2/" -c:v copy -c:a aac -max_muxing_queue_size 99999 -map 0 foo.mp4

Is there a way to pass some of the commands to FFmpeg. Like "-c:a aac", Because my IP camera is using a none supported audio codex(pcm_alaw).

Thanks,

Scotty
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: passing commands to FFMpeg

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

RVMedia does not support reading sound using FFMpeg yet.
It only supports sound from microphones or other local devices.
Kelch

Post by Kelch »

scotty69169 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:57 pm I got ExpressVPN recently and FFmpeg to see my camera correctly and write a file. But I had to use the following command line:

ffmpeg -loglevel debug -rtsp_transport tcp -i "rtsp://admin:[email protected]:554/profile2/" -c:v copy -c:a aac -max_muxing_queue_size 99999 -map 0 foo.mp4

Is there a way to pass some of the commands to FFmpeg. Like "-c:a aac", Because my IP camera is using a none supported audio codex(pcm_alaw).

Thanks,

Scotty
Hi Sergey, 'yet' implies that you're planning to add this feature. Is that right? I think that would be awesome.
Last edited by Kelch on Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Yes, reading sound using FFmpeg is planned in future.

But I do not know when it will be implemented, because our next goal (after releasing RVMedia 6) will be FireMonkey and other platforms.
benitomuso

Post by benitomuso »

Regarding the original subject of the post: "passing commands to FFMPeg"
In spite that the sound options wanted by Scotty are not supported, is there any way to pass extra parameters to RVMedia affecting the video, for example the ones to resize video or change aspect ratio of the sort:

-hide_banner -x 640 -y 480 -noborder -vf scale=640:480

Thank you.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Some parameters can be passed to FFmpeg by assigning sub-properties of RVCamera.FFMpegProperty .