Automatic Exposure Settings

RVMedia support and discussion (components for displaying and controlling IP cameras, webcams, video conferencing, video chats, recording audio and video files)
StanVersluis

Automatic Exposure Settings

Post by StanVersluis »

Hello Mr. Tkachenko,

We are using your camera component TRVCamera (in Embarcadero 10.3).
We have some cameras (webcameras ELP-USBFHD06H-L36 and LI-OV9712-USB-M8 ) and we have some problems with automatic exposure (also known as automatic ISO/light compensation), we need to test the brightness of a monitor backlight (but due to automatic exposure we can see no difference in brightness).

These cameras can be controlled by the windows 7 AmCap SDK, and it is possible to turn the automatic exposure off using the windows SDK (set to manual), we like to use the RVMedia components and dont want to implement the DirectShow ourselves.
But in the documention of RVMedia we cannot find the methods to control this property, is this correct?

We need this very soon, can you help us by implementing it or help us how to implement it?

Kind regards,

Stan Versluis
TEST-OK
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: Automatic Exposure Settings

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Do you have this SDK documentation? Can you send it to me? richviewgmailcom
StanVersluis

Post by StanVersluis »

Did you receive our previous email with information?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Yes, I received it.
Initially, it was in a "spam" folder, but now I found it. We need some time to study.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

For these who are interested, I am writing about the results.

In the next update, RVMedia will be able to control properties of local web cameras, including exposure, rotation, zoom, brightness and so on (of course, if the camera supports these properties).
There will be new methods and properties of TRVCamera, as well as a new TRVWebCamDialog component where users can change these properties in a dialog window.

Currently, we've implemented TRVWebCamDialog and internal methods for changing webcam properties.