A problem installing the trial into Delphi 10.4.1

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
shapoval

A problem installing the trial into Delphi 10.4.1

Post by shapoval »

Hello,

I have a problem installing the trial version of TRichView into Delphi 10.4.1. I don't get any errors or warnings during the installation process, it shows the "done" status next to each log line. However, I don't get neither BPL nor DCP files anywhere on my PC. It's not that the directory is not in the path, the files are just missing. Delphi expects to find all the packages in the usual place (Users/Public/Downloads/...).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: A problem installing the trial into Delphi 10.4.1

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

In past, this effect was for Delphi Starter edition... Its command line compiler reported success but did nothing.
It must not happen with D10.4, because even Community edition is full-functional.
However, please run <RAD Studio Dir>\bin\dcc32.exe and see what it writes to the console.
shapoval

Post by shapoval »

Yes, you're right, it tells "this version does not support command line compiling". I use the trial version of Delphi and that's, probably, one of the nice features they put there, though, on my opinion, it's one of the basic things which should just work.

Is there a possibility to get some instructions on how to compile the DPKs in the IDE compiler? I mean order of them etc. I don't need all bells and whistles, but the basic functionality (we used the RichView, RichViewDataAware and RichViewActions packages). I'm a long-time customer, having bought your product a couple of years ago. We were using it with Delphi XE2 and now we're considering upgrade. We have a lot of legacy code and should be careful to check that it will all work before buying the new version of Delphi and all third-party components.

Thanks
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

The installer still did the important work: it added all necessary paths to Delphi library path.
So you simply need to open packages in Delphi IDE one by one, compile and install them.
See https://www.trichview.com/forums/viewto ... f=2&t=8636
For Delphi 10.4, all is the same, but package names have "10_4" instead of "10_1".

In addition to the packages mentioned in the topic,
compile Math\Source\RVMathD10_4.dpk
install Math\Source\RVMathD10_4_Dsgn.dpk
(this is an equation add-on, it is used in the ActionTest_MultiRes demo).

Additional packages can be found in "Third-Party" folder (spellcheckers, integration in third-party reports, in virtualtree, etc.)