Loading RTF that contains images.

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
wmatte

Loading RTF that contains images.

Post by wmatte »

Using the Actions Demo, I load an RTF file and the images don't appear.

I load the same rtf into Word and it show the images.

How do I show the images when loading an RTf file?

Walter.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

I think there is something special in these images.
Please send me this RTF file by e-mail.
SESummers

Using RTF created by WPTools 4.x in Firebird Blob field.

Post by SESummers »

Sergey Tkachenko wrote:I think there is something special in these images.
Please send me this RTF file by e-mail.
I have the same problem. I'm evaluating RichEdit as a replacement for WPTools v4.2 currently used in my app. I either need to move to WPTools 5.x, or RichEdit. I prefer RichEdit mostly because its table handling is so much better, but I can't get it to load the bitmap and EMF images stored in the blob fields.

Any ideas? Can I send you a small subset of the database with some examples and a test program?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

As for the original problem, it was because the pictures were embedded in MS Word drawing object/frame (the document was generated by some specific thirdparty tool).
TRichView understands all types of RTF graphics (metafiles (16 an 32 bit), bitmaps (dib and ddb), jpeg, png (requires a class representing png)) except for mac pictures. External pictures are supported too.

Please send me all information that may be need to reproduce the problem. I think the document as an RTF file would be enough.
SESummers

Post by SESummers »

Sergey Tkachenko wrote:
Please send me all information that may be need to reproduce the problem. I think the document as an RTF file would be enough.
Where would you like me to send it?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

SESummers

I've done more experiementing...

Post by SESummers »

I've found that with the right tweaks to the WPTools editor properties, I can get it to export the graphic images correctly. However, when I cut and paste, it now sets the line spacing to "At least 50 points"!

However, if I copy the contents of the control to the clipboard, paste it into word, set the line spacing to "Single", and then copy it and paste it into RichView, it comes out correctly.

That seems a bit convoluted, but it does mean that A), the problems are on the WPTools side; B) there's a way to get from point A to point B without losing anything; and C) with some clever hacking, it's automatable. Since I only need to do this once (and it can take overnight to do it if necessary), I have a way to make this work.

I'll let you know if I have any more questions, but I think we're done with this one.

Thanks.