table selection

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
tmMK

table selection

Post by tmMK »

hi,

when whole cell is selected, function TCustomRichView.SelectionExists returns False... have anyone the same problem?

thanks
tmMK

Post by tmMK »

copying of single cells of the table makes me problems to... more cells of the table is copied instead of one cell, which is selected...
whole table is copied after copy selection of a table row... what am i doing bad? it's possible to make mistake with selections which causes these problems?

thanks
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

How do you select cell?
Which version of TRichView do you use?
tmMK

Post by tmMK »

we have full and the latest version of the richview... copying the cells does strange things for example in ActionTest demo... try it...
just add bigger table, fill the cells with some text and select some cells in center of the table... copy it and try to paste it right after the table... cells will not be copied properly... only one empty cell will be pasted...

SelectionExists
issue:
i have found that the point of the problem is in starting selection of the table from the space between the cells... (the table must be in other table cell)
the whole table is selected after some mouse movement, but SelectionExists returns false... if you want i can send you testing application... i think if you will focus on this you can find other strange things happening while selecting the tables...
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

yes, please send me a test application
tmMK

Post by tmMK »

i have sent you an email to [email protected]
subject is: Testing application from tmMK
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

The problem with nested tables and SelectionExists is fixed in the today's update, available for registered users.