Text beside Image

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
CY

Text beside Image

Post by CY »

Does TRichView going to support something like this:-

where text can be entered beside the image.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

No, only with use of tables.
lkessler

Post by lkessler »

Sergey:

You've been promising us support for the html img align option for a long time.

I hope you haven't changed your mind on this.
jonjon

Post by jonjon »

I hope you haven't changed your mind on this
So do I!
Pieter E.

Post by Pieter E. »

Yes, please add this option!

Thanks!
lkessler

Post by lkessler »

Sergey:

I'm surprised you haven't in the past few years considered this to be a high priority. It is one of the few limitations that keeps RichView from displaying webpages so that they look nearly the same as in a browser.

RVHTMLImporter cannot do the job it should do because of this. Any line with a graphic that is aligned right, left, etc. just doesn't render correctly. The way RVHTMLImporter adds tables to try to do as good a job as possible but that is less than adequate and causes many needless complications. :cry:

I've always noted that others have wanted this as well, as this question has always come up from time to time. This thread also includes a few votes.

Thankfully my application doesn't need this capability yet, but it will in a year or two. I'm going to keep bugging you on this.

Louis

p.s. My application is going Beta in a month or so. At that time, I'll submit it to you for inclusion in your Applications page. :D
TheSteven

Post by TheSteven »

Sergey,

I was about to post an inquiry regarding a similar subject when I saw this message.

In my case I am converting RTF documents created by other applications into HTML. These documents sometimes contain images with either right or left aligned text (similar to the initial post on this thread) and when they get converted to HTML the image and text alignment gets trashed.

Resolving this issue would certainly get my top vote.

Thanks,

...Steven