Numbered Bullets

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
Splinter

Numbered Bullets

Post by Splinter »

Hi,

I can get bulleted lists to indent by using rve.ChangeListLevels(+1). However this does not seem to work on numbered bullets, do I need to do something different?

I see that it works ok in RichViewActions, I've looked at the code but can't spot what you've done different to make it work with numbered bullets.

I've got the latest version of RVRuler installed as well and the little 'left/right' tabs on the ruler work ok on bullets, but not numbered bullets.

Thanks for any pointers.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Bullets&numbering (paragraph list marker) is defined by 2 main parameters:
ListNo (index in the collection RVStyle.ListStyles) and
LevelNo (index in the collection RVStyle.ListStyles[ListNo].Levels)

ChangeListLevel(1) increases levels of all selected bulleted or numbered paragraphs, i.e. all list markers linked to RVStyle.ListStyles[ListNo].Levels[LevelNo] become linked to RVStyle.ListStyles[ListNo].Levels[LevelNo+1]. If LevelNo was the last level, this command does nothing for this marker.
All default RichViewActions bullets&numbering (as well as bullets&numbering pasted from MS Word) have 9 levels.
Splinter

Post by Splinter »

Hi Sergey,

In my application, if I run ChangeListLevels(1) on a numbered list, it does nothing. Can you suggest why?

It works ok on a bullet list.

I have an indent button that runs:

rve.ChangeListLevels(1);

I've had a look at the RVStyle.ListStyles property and it is empty, same as in RichViewActions...
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

May be your numbered list style has only one level?
Splinter

Post by Splinter »

Ah, I understand now. Yes that was it, thanks.