Addict Parser for 10 Seattle

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
EricNat

Addict Parser for 10 Seattle

Post by EricNat »

I downloaded the most current package for the Addict parser from the website. It only has up to XE7 in it. I used the XE7 package and converted it for 10 Seattle. It built and installed, but when compiling a project I get an error opening "dialogs.obj" in C++ Builder personality. It does work in Delphi. Any ideas? Would it be possible to get an updated version of the parser with 10 Seattle?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Dialogs.pas is a standard VCL unit, so this problem is not directly related to thirdparty components.
Close your project in C++Builder, open its CBPROJ file in Notepad.
Find <AllPackageLibs> section.
It must look like:
<AllPackageLibs>rtl.lib;vcl.lib;RVPkgD10.lib;Addict4_RichView_dxe7.lib</AllPackageLibs>
(also, it must include Addict4 package, I do not know its name)
EricNat

Post by EricNat »

After further investigation, it seems the problem is that when I compile the parser, it is not creating the .OBJ files, even though I have it set to create all C++ Builder files in the package properties. Since the .OBJ files didn't exist, I think it was finding old ones and causing the error with dialogs.obj.

Also note that this is a brand new project that I created from scratch and just put the parser on and nothing else and it gives the error. After removing the outdated .obj files, I get an error that ad3RichViewCmpnts.obj is missing.

I don't know why the .OBJ files are not being created (I searched the HD for them and also tried specifying the output path for them when building the package.

Do you happen to have an updated parser for 10 Seattle I could try?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

The package should pack OBJ files in a lib file.
What's why I suggested to add Addict4_RichView_dxe7.lib in the project file
(alternatively, you can link it by adding #pragma link "Addict4_RichView_dxe7" in the source code).