Post by Alexander_Dober »

Hello,

I'm testing the current RV version and have also installed the following:
DevExpress 14.2.2
RB 17
RV cxEditor add-on 1.5.5
RV RBuilder add-on 1.19
eDocEngine 5.0.0.15

When I export a cxGrid or a RB report to PDF via eDocEngine export interface, the RichView content is missing in the resulting PDF file for some reason, while it's there in the grid / report preview.

If I print that report / grid and choose a PDF printer, the RichView content does exist in the resulting PDF file, so something must be wrong with the combination of the RV RBuilder add-on and/or eDocEngine, I think.

I've read the announcement about Uniscribe, which affect this functionality, but there is the following info regarding the updated demos:

Code: Select all

The main change in these demos is assigning True to MetafileCompatibility property of TRVReportHelper components.
For eDocEngine, this assignment is made by TgtRichViewInterface class itself, if you use new version of eDocEngine. 
As far as I understand, I don't have to set MetafileCompatibility manually, because eDocEngine does it itself.

What else could be the reason for the missing RV content?
Alexander_Dober

A small addition:
if I do export to PDF with the built-in RB functionality, the RV content is visible either, so it's just the combination or RV (RB wrapper) + eDocEngine, that seems not to work.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Did you send the same question to Gnostice?
Alexander_Dober

No, should I?

In their changelog I haven't read anything regarding any RV related changes, but in your changelog some eDocEngine related changes have been mentioned regarding EMF stuff etc., so that I've assumed the issue is probably RV related or that you have been in contact with them regarding the related RV changes.

I will contact Gnostice then...
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

I looked in gtRBXportIntf.pas (where eDocEngine implements ReportBuilder export).

1) Dot and outermost spaces must be removed from the line
{ .$DEFINE RICHVIEW }
to enable ppRichView support

2) May be I have an old version of this unit, but in my version of this unit it calls aDrawRichView.DrawTo with 2 parameters.
In the latest version of ppRichView, it has two more Boolean parameters:

Code: Select all

procedure DrawTo(lCanvas: TCanvas; ADrawRect: TRect;
      MetafileCompatible, AllowMetafiles: Boolean);
MetafileCompatible must be True.
AllowMetafiles defines how metafiles inside ppRichView are processed (if False, they are drawn as bitmaps)
Alexander_Dober

Thanks Sergey,

some more info:
they moved { .$DEFINE RICHVIEW } to [eDocEngine Installation folder]\Source\gtExpIntf.inc file and according to a note in that file, it's not supposed to be changed manually, unless one is installing the interfaces manually. I wasn't doing that, so didn't change anything, but I should have done that, I guess, because the re-designed export interface installer seems to have the same problems as the old one, because it ignored my selection of what I wanted to install and installed all the interfaces by using the distributed BPLs. That's what had irritated my.

Tried to re-install the packages manually now and yes, also the current eDocEngine version is not compatible with the current ppRichView as it also calls aDrawRichView.DrawTo with 2 parameters instead of 4. I've added the missing paramters, recompiled / reinstalled the RB export interface, but still no change.

Gnostice requested a .raf file and will also add support for the current RichView version in one of the next updates.

So looks like a Gnostice problem. Sorry for bothering you and thanks for your help!