Update are killing me

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
gotoxy

Update are killing me

Post by gotoxy »

Im i doing something wrong because each time i upgrade my version, i have to throw myself on a wall to stop feeling the pain i will have to modify my code to be ok with all what you changed.

I have several type of object that i want to support in the RV, so i created my object base on TRVRectItemInfo. overriding the PrintToBitmap , Print, paint savetorvf/rtf and so.

then i registrer them
RegisterRichViewItemClass(rvsChart,TRVChartItemInfo);
RegisterRichViewItemClass(rvsChiffrier,TRVChiffrierItemInfo);
RegisterRichViewItemClass(rvsCorrelation,TRVCorrelationItemInfo);
RegisterRichViewItemClass(rvsEquipements,TRVEquipementItemInfo);
RegisterRichViewItemClass(rvsTableMatiere,TRVTableMatiereItemInfo);

But if you guys always change those virtual procedure, its requier a lot of my time to remember and understand all the changes you have done.

Is there a new way to do what im doing ? Because honestly im really sick of it.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

We are trying to keep all documented methods unchanged as much as possible. Actually, I am proud that the most of application written using our components 10 years ago can be compiled using the newest version with minimal changes.

But we can change undocumented methods. It is unavoidable, otherwise we cannot improve the components.

All that I can suggest - you can write to me asking what is changed in some specific methods and why did we changed it.

PS: recently we added a new parameter to item.Print method, because we need to separate real printing (on printer) and a multipage drawing on screen. As far as I remember, this is the only change that may affect inherited items.
gotoxy

Post by gotoxy »

All my Objects was created from TRVRectItemInfo. I modified yhem to herit from TRVGraphicItemInfo and changed the Read/Save RVF to my needs and all works perfectly.

Sorry again.