headers and footers

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
DelphiDude

headers and footers

Post by DelphiDude »

is the only way to produce headers and footers done like the demo project for printing headers. 7-richviewedits and 7 rvstyles.
can it be done with 1 richviewedit and 7 rvstyles?
DelphiDude

...also how can i save headers and footers into 1 rtf file.

Post by DelphiDude »

i have the savertf().. but how can i save to an rtf with headers and footers. the demo uses an rvprint but i don't want to print it i want to save it as an RTf file?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

If you use TRichViewEdit - yes, you need a component to store each header and footer.
If you do not need visual components, you can use TRVReportHelper, and store headers and footers in RVReportHelper.RichView.

If you want everything in a single component, consider using ScaleRichView. A single TSRichViewEdit contains both the main document and all headers and footers.
DelphiDude

in your opinion what would you suggest to accomplish this...

Post by DelphiDude »

I have a client that has a bunch of RTF files, some with headers and footers. They want to be able to run my program to read these RTF files and replace select text within them, then save them back as RTF or DOC doesn't matter as long as the file can be opened in WORD. They are going to run my program to load, search & replace, save and then email it to their another user, to open and edit as needed or just print if no changes. the end users have WORD and the server i am working on does not have WORD.
DelphiDude

...also some of the text to replace is in the header

Post by DelphiDude »

Would have need to replace text in headers as well.
Prefer that the RTF change be hidden but doesn't have to be.