TRichView wrapper for ReportBuilder as standalone package?

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
Alexander_Dober

TRichView wrapper for ReportBuilder as standalone package?

Post by Alexander_Dober »

Hello,
I wasn't here for a while and came back to see, if there is a new version of the TRichView wrapper for ReportBuilder, which supports RB 19, which came out a few days ago.

So far the website says, that RB 18 is supported, but it also says, that the TRichView wrapper for ReportBuilder is included with the TRichView setup since version 17... We are using an older TRichView version and didn't plan to update in the near future, because the new features in the "Announcements" sections wouldn't add / improve much in our case, I think. A feature, which we are missing (I had asked about it somewhere here a long time ago), seems not to be available, so we didn't see a reason.

Aside from this we also wouldn't want to change too much for our next release (timewise somewhat problematical), for which we need RB 19, but not a new version of TRichView, because every update means more testing etc.

So I was wondering, if there is a way to get the TRichView wrapper for ReportBuilder as a standalone package, once a new version supporting RB 19 is available?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: TRichView wrapper for ReportBuilder as standalone package?

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

We include RB wrapper package with source code both in the full version and in the trial.
So you can take it, it is in the folder <TRichView Dir>\ThirdParty\ReportBuilder\

However, I cannot guarantee that new versions of this wrapper are compatible with older versions of TRichView.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

ReportBuilder 19 is supported by the current installer, no changes are needed.
Our installer detects RB version, and it detects version 19 just like previous versions of RB.

PS: in the next update, our ppRichView will implement exporting hyperlinks to URL and files in PDF. Unfortunately, it will require the newest version of TRichView (and cannot be compiled in older versions)
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

I uploaded TRichView 17.3 which has a new version of Report Builder wrapper. The new version can export hyperlinks (to URL and to files) in PDF format.
Unfortunately, this version of wrapper is no longer compatible with older TRichView versions.