Installation problem

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
Obi-Wan

Installation problem

Post by Obi-Wan »

Hi
I'd like to test trichview in Delphi XE10 but after installing the trial version as Delphi starts give a lot of errors 'cause does not find any of bpl package.
I dont' know why this happens, I got no error during install but even looking in dir under user\public\ I cannot see any bpl file.
Any idea ?
Thanks a lot

FL
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: Installation problem

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Do you use Starter edition of Delphi?
This edition does not include command line compilers. The only way to install TRichView in Starter edition is opening packages in IDE one by one and compiling/installing them.

Normally, the installer creates packages in default location specified in RAD Studio. By default, it is <Common Documents>\Embarcadero\Studio\15.0\Bpl.
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

HI
first of all thanks for your answer.

>Do you use Starter edition of Delphi?
I don't think I have starter edition, how can I verify?

>Normally, the installer creates packages in default location specified in RAD Studio. By default, it is <Common Documents>\Embarcadero\Studio\15.0\Bpl.
I search for bpl packages and found nothing. I try to install in a directory in D: where I have other components and I found there all other files related to richview but no bpl files.
I got no error and the installer report all packages as installed during the process... I have an SSD as primary disk...

Thanks for your help

cu
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

When you start RAD Studio IDE, it displays a splash screen which shows which items are being loaded.
It displays items like "Embarcadero(r) Delphi XE7 Enterprise", where "Enterprise" is a Delphi edition. It may be Enterprise, Professional, Starter, etc.

Also, you can click the menu item "Help | About Embarcadero (r) RAD Studio". Edition is shown there, closer to the bottom, above Windows version and and available memory.

As I said, the Starter edition does not include command line compilers required by installer of our components (and most other third-party component installers). More exactly, "compilers" are included, but they do nothing and report success, so our compiler cannot know that nothing was compiled.
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

ok
Delphi Architect

thanks
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Click menu "Component | Install Packages". Find TRichView packages in the list. Click one of them. Below the list, you will see the full package file name, including the path, where it is expected to be.
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

Hi
Done...
I got a list of
file : C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl\xxxxxx.bpl

of course the file not found are really not present.

I uninstall the component and modify the delphi option for bpl path buat the result is the same... no file in the bpl dir

Sorry ..

cu
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Maybe you use a trial version of Delphi? AFAIK, it does not support command line compilers as well, and you need to install packages manually in IDE.

I can suggest to do 3 things:

1) Maybe, for some unknown reason, bpl files were created in a different folder. Search your hard drive for RVPkg*.bpl

2) Check if your command line compilers are really correct. Run "c:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin\DCC32.EXE" and see what it writes.
A correct version should output text like:
Embarcadero Delphi for Win32 compiler version 32.0
Copyright (c) 1983,2017 Embarcadero Technologies, Inc.

Syntax: dcc32 [options] filename [options]

Starter/trial/unlicensed/corrupted version may output text like this:
This version of the product does not support command line compiling.
DCC32 is a console application, so it closes quickly after exit.
The simplest way is to run a command line box (CMD) and then run the compiler (DCC32) from it.

3) In all cases, you should be able to install packages manually.
The instructions for Delphi 10.1 are here:
https://www.trichview.com/forums/viewto ... f=2&t=8636
As I understand, your version of Delphi is 10.2, so package names are *D10_2 instead of *D10_1.
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

Thanks Sergey
As I suppose you're right so my installed delphi version has not dcc32....
The strange is that searching RVPkg*.bpl in both c: (SDD) and d: (hard drive) give no result...
Where are the bpl files ? :)

Thanks

cu
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Normal Architect edition of Delphi must have correct command line compilers.
As I said, you can check it by running c:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin\DCC32.EXE and seeing what it writes.
Only Starter or trial editions have non-working command line compilers. If you have a licensed (not a trial) version of Delphi, you can try to contact Embarcadero for support.

Or you can compile packages manually from RAD Studio IDE.