How to do not save control background color as text background for TcxDBTRichViewEdit, TcxRichViewEdit

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
createmark

How to do not save control background color as text background for TcxDBTRichViewEdit, TcxRichViewEdit

Post by createmark »

Hi,

I use RTF format in TcxDBTRichViewEdit, TcxRichViewEdit and it looks like for RTF format you have no option to do not save control background color as background for rich text color. But how to do this?

I want to use TcxTreeList + TRichViewEdit to save notes. Current control is highlighted with some color but after save text of current control, it's saved control background color as text background color.

I have checked with TDBRichViewEdit, same problem. If set Color to some value, e.g. clCream, this color will be part of text not just control background.

Thank you,
Alexey.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: How to do not save control background color as text background for TcxDBTRichViewEdit, TcxRichViewEdit

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

TRichView does not support loading a background color from RTF yet.

Actually, RTF format does not allow saving a background color. There is a possibility to save a drawing object: a colored rectangle that has a page size. TRichView saves it to RTF, so if you load this RTF in MS Word, you will see a colored background. But reading is not supported yet, because parsing drawing objects is not so simple, and there are tasks that have higher priority.