Missing icons in ReportBuilder 20.02

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
GoranBru

Missing icons in ReportBuilder 20.02

Post by GoranBru »

Hello,
I have updated the ReportBuilder from version 19.03 to 22.02 yesterday and after that I reruned the installation for TRichView and I don't see the components for TppRichView and TppDBRichView in the ReportDesigner anymore. To be sure I just reruned the installation and I see in the listbox:
"Installing optional integration in ReportBuilder... Skipped."
What can I do to bring back the components to RB designer? I use RB 20.02, TRichView 19.03 and the TScaleRichView 9.0.3

Best regards,
Goran
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: Missing icons in ReportBuilder 20.02

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

How did you reinstall TRichView? After a major ReportBuilder update, it's not enough to run "Install TRichView in Delphi IDE" from the Start menu. You need to re-run the full TRichView setup (because it needs to recreate packages for ReportBuilder wrapper for the changed major version of ReportBuilder).
GoranBru

Post by GoranBru »

Hi Sergey,
I started the application "Install TRichView in Delphi IDE", then selected "Install or modify" and that is it. Should I remove TScaleRichView and then also TRichView and then install both of them?
GoranBru

Post by GoranBru »

Hi Sergey,
Your question made me thinking so I opened projects RvRbD10_1.dproj and RvRbD10_1_Dsgn.dproj, modified the lines pointing to rbIDE*, rbRCL* and rbRTL* to the correct files (in my case rbIDE2024 etc), rebuild, compiled and installed the later one. Now I have those icons back. Thanks!
GoranBru

Post by GoranBru »

Hi,
I have a weird situation. The icons in ReportBuilder designer have dissapeared in our big application, just like that, nothing special was done. I sadi okay, let's update TRichView with new version 18.4 and then also TScaleRichView with the latest 9.2 (as per installer) and again, no icons in TppReport. Then I created a new blank project, added ppRichView in the Uses section as in our big application, added TppReport and opened the designer. On my surprise, the icons were there! I saved the project closed all, even Delphi Berlin and restarted our big application and again, no icons. I've tried a few variations of closing/restarting but in big application I can't get icons in the toolbars, in new, empty no problem. Even if I rebuild and start the application and open a hidden designer for reports, I see icons but not in the design time. If I try to open the report with RichView in design time, Delphi complaints. Any ideas?

I use Delphi Berlin Update 2, RB 20.02, DevExpress 18.2.11 etc on Windows 10 Enterprise 2004, build 19041.329. Btw, the RichView 18.4 installer didn't sense the DevExpress, which we have full subscription pack (all features).
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Do you have ppRichView in "uses" of your application?

Can you update your DevExpress components? We changed our components for compatibility with DevExpress VCL v19.x, and compatibility with v18.x is lost.
GoranBru

Post by GoranBru »

Hi,
I do have ppRichView unit in all datamodules where reports that use TRichView are loaded. This hasn't changed during the upgrade.
Upgrading ReportBuilder is not an easy job as it has to be done with all guys here and maybe we shall do it during the summer months. Maybe.
GoranBru

Post by GoranBru »

Hello Sergey,
after months I have updated components on my computer to the newest DevExpress 19.1.13, RebortBuilder to 20.04, TRichView to 18.6 and TScaleRichView to the latest version (still using Delphi Berlin). I still don't have the icons for TRichView on ReportBuilder, furthermore, the installation says that anything connected to DevExpress is skipped. We have full VCL subscription and all is skipped? Okay, I don't use anything from DevExpress with TRichView but I really need the icons in ReportBuilder. What do I need to do to get them back in design time please?

Best regards,
Goran
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

If you had a different version of ReportBuilder before on this computer, you need to re-run the full TRichView Setup, it updates RVRB packages according to the detected ReportBuilder version.
If it still does not help, open the package <TRichView Dir<\ThirdParty\ReportBuilder\Source\RvRbD10_1.dproj in Delphi IDE and compile it. Post error messages here.

For DevExpress, open and compile <TRichView Dir>\ThirdParty\DevExpress\Source\cxRVEditorsD10_1.dproj, post error messages here.
GoranBru

Post by GoranBru »

Hello Sergey,

thank You for the answer. Previously I had ReportBuilder 20.02, DevExpress 18.2, TRichView 18.4 and appropriate TScaleRichView from spring. On monday I upgraded firstly DevExpress, then ReportBuilder and started Delphi after that. Then closed Delphi, installed TRichView 18.6 and latest TScaleRichVIew. After that I started Delphi and with the main application I checked the status with opening one TppReport (blank). No icon. Closed everything including Delphi and opened the RvRBD10_1.dproj and *Dsgn, rebuild, compile, install. No errors, everything fine. Again tested with main application, no icons.

Just before I retried compiling RvRBD10_1.dproj and closed Delphi, reopened it and loaded the main application. Checked the first datamodule with TppReport on it, again, no icons. Then closed the project and loaded smaller library project also having forms with DevExpress and ReportBuilder in it. Weird, icons are there. Closed the project, closed Delphi and restart Delphi, go directly in main app - no icons. Close all, went to library project, icons there.
Weird, can't explain. I work in Hyper-V virtual computer, Windows 10 enterprise, 16 GB RAM dedicated to virtual machine, 4 processors on I7...

About errors:
- ReportBuilder builds and compiles without any problems
- DevExpress:
problem in cxTRichView.pas function TcxCustomTRichViewEdit.NeedsScrollBars: Boolean;
[dcc32 Error] cxTRichView.pas(3122): E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'TcxControlMainScrollbarsHelper'
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

About ReportBuilder: include ppRichView unit in "uses" of the main form unit of your application.

As for DevExpress, the latest version is compatible with DevExpress v19.2.2 and newer. Some changes need to be reverted if you need to make it compatible with older version of DX. But maybe you can upgrade to a newer version?
GoranBru

Post by GoranBru »

Hello Sergey,

Sorry to be a bit late, I had really busy days in past week. ppRichView is everywhere needed in software, on all datamodules where it TppReport. No problem in opening the reports in RUNTIME (using TppDesigner), problem is in DESIGN TIME. In design time I do not have the icons. In "easy" project I have but not in a complex software we are making.
Designtime.PNG
Designtime.PNG (91.97 KiB) Viewed 29028 times
As for DevExpress, at the moment I can download 19.1.13, this is the last version available to me. No worries at the moment.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Probably, for some reasons, RV+RB package is unloaded when this project is open.

Try opening this project, then go to menu "Components | Install Packages", find the package named "TRichView wrapper for ReportBuilder for Delphi 10.1 Berlin". If it is unchecked, check it.
GoranBru

Post by GoranBru »

Hi Sergey,
now I am ebarrassed, this solved the problem. Thank You very much!