Inserted RTF Text and Beginning Blank Line on Page

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
rgsolutions

Inserted RTF Text and Beginning Blank Line on Page

Post by rgsolutions »

I have multiple documents that I am merging together and then exporting to an RTF file. I have used TRichView to create a header and footer that is being inserted and is displayed correctly in the final output. However, I cannot find a way to get rid of the blank line that is appearing at the top of the page (new section) below the header. I have tried the following:

1. Using append of an RVF document. Line is not present but this results in the loss of formatting of the text (specifically left and right tab positions).

2. Using SameAsPrev (from examples). This has the same results as number one.

3. Using SameAsPrev but first creating the appropriate style used in the first item of the incoming document. This would ensure the styles are the same. This has the same results as number one.

4. Using Insert of an RVF document and inserting the '\v' rtf string in the output file (as per example code). This works if the first item is not a picture. In this latter case, the picture is missing.

I have tried every combination I can think of and have looked at every example and topic that I can find. I have looked at the RTF document spec and it does not have any recourse for this. I have spent two days trying to figure out how to get rid of this blank line at the top of the section.

Does anyone have any fresh ideas?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

See http://www.trichview.com/forums/viewtop ... 4681#14681
It's a trick, but it seems to work.
rgsolutions

Post by rgsolutions »

The second one worked, thanks. I know I looked at the topic but I must have missed the suggestion for some reason. Probably because I looked at so many other things and tried so many other things.

As for using tricks, it seems like we have to do a lot of that when dealing with these kind of things. What seems straight forward at first isn't always the case.

One final note. I have one more thing to fix (and I know what to do on this). When done, I will have identical user views of the formatted page in the Print Preview, PDF, and now RTF. Each page has a different header and footer, can have a different orientation, and the layout and presentation are precise and professional. While it has taken some time, the results delivered by SRichViewEdit has exceeded all my expectations.

Thanks again for the help.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

The last post of that topic was added today as a reply to your question :)