Custom "Hyper"Links with custom targets

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
Roliat

Custom "Hyper"Links with custom targets

Post by Roliat »

Hi - me again (I'm feeling a bit dumb)!

But I got another question which I can't answer by myself. I just want to reach, that a specific Text (not an url) is highlighted and gets an custom onClick procedure in which a new Form is being opened.

Example:
[open/e67af2]My Link Text[/open]
This should open a form with the id "e67af2". The "open"-block should be erased an the id be stored in the text-info (or whatever) so that the TRichView only shows and highlights "My Link Text".

Can you tell me the way how I can reach this behaviour? With normal URLs it's ok (i think) but what about my "url-syntax". And I need this syntax....

Thank you very much.

Roliat
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Do you use RichViewActions?
Roliat

Post by Roliat »

Thanks for your quick answer. Actually I dont use it, but if it necessary, i could do so.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Ok, so we can base our code in Demos\Delphi\Assorted\Hypertext\CreateHyperlink\

This demo shows a dialog for entering hyperlink target. Then you press ok, it either creates a hyperlink from the selection, or (if the selection is empty), inserts a new link with the text 'New link'.
It is implemented in TForm1.SpeedButton1Click.
To test, you can simply type 'open/e67af2' in the dialog. In your application, you can implement your own hyperlink form returning the link's Target.

Next, what happens when you click the link: OnJump event occurs. See TForm1.RichViewEdit1Jump. First, it assigns the target of the clicked link to URL variable, then call ShellExecute to open this target.
In your case, 'open/e67af2' will be assigned to URL. In you application, you can place the code for processing this command instead of calling ShellExecute.
Roliat

Post by Roliat »

Ok Thank you very much for your explanation. I looked at the demo some time ago but now I know exactly how it works ;)

But I got a further question. I'm switching my application to TRichView. So users made links in the past that now have to be detected and replaced (cutted the "[open/xxxxx]" and "[/open]", just leaving the linktext).

This could be more complicated, couldn't it? I have to search, replace and set the existing links manually, haven't I?

Thank you!
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Are these documents stored as RTF, and all these '[open ... ]' are link target? Or are they visible text? You can send a sample file to richviewgmailcom.
Roliat

Post by Roliat »

Hi Sergey,

sorry, but I didn't recognize that you've posted again. These documents are RTF files, which are stored in a database. The "[open...]"-tag are visible plain text.

So the application should scan the visible Text for the "[open..]"-tags and should do the following:

1. Create a "hyperlink" with target "123aef" (e.g.)
2. Replace "[open/123aef]Link[/open]" with "Link"

Is that possible? I did already looked at your "ScanURLs" but I didn't really get it.

Many thanks
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Are strings like "[open/123aef]Link[/open]" written using the same font? If yes, parsing will be simpler.
Roliat

Post by Roliat »

hey.

Yes, the strings are in the same font type, so I really need to parse the RTF. I thought of using regular expressions. That shouldn't be the problem. But I really don't understand your "ScanURLs" demo.

On wich events do I have to write my code for detecting or scanning my "hyperlinks".

Are Regular Expressions a good way or does your component deliver some special functions.

Please tell me, where do I have to add my code for scanning urls.

Thanks
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

To process custom URL types in ScanURL, you need to assign your procedure to RVCustomURL variable, see http://www.trichview.com/help/idh_fun_r ... omurl.html .
However, in your case, this solution will work if the whole construction is a single word (i.e. does not contain characters from Delimiters property).
I.e., if the text is "[open/123aef]Link[/open], it will be passed to this function as it is. But if the text is "[open/123aef]Second link[/open]", it will be passed first as "[open/123aef]Second", then as "link[/open]".

So we need to create a custom procedure specially for you case. I'll try to make it tomorrow.
Roliat

Post by Roliat »

Thanks for the explenation!
Between the brackets could be more than one word.

It's very kind of you to write the code for me and I'm really happy about it. I also will try it myself and if it works, i'll post my code. If not, I'm waiting for your solution!

Thanks, Roliat
Btw: Best support ever!
Roliat

Post by Roliat »

Hi.

Sorry some bad news. As you might aleady have guessed - I've not made essential progress on the code.

Trying out more and also hoping that you post a piece of code.

Thanks
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Sorry for delay :( I promise I will post a code sample tomorrow.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

The code is below. This is may be not the most efficient method, but the simplest one. It uses editing methods.

Code: Select all

procedure DetectCustomLinks(RVData: TCustomRVFormattedData; rve: TCustomRichViewEdit);
var i,r,c,p1,p2,p3: Integer;
    s, Target, Text: String;
    Table: TRVTableItemInfo;
const OPENKEYWORD = '[open/';
      CLOSEKEYWORD = '[/open]';
begin
  i := RVData.ItemCount-1;
  while i>=0 do begin
    if (RVData.GetItemStyle(i)>=0) and (RVData.GetItemTag(i)=0) then begin
      s := RVData.GetItemText(i);
      p1 := Pos(OPENKEYWORD, s);
      if p1>0 then begin
        s := Copy(s, p1+Length(OPENKEYWORD), Length(s));
        p2 := Pos(']', s);
        if p2>0 then begin
          Target := Copy(s, 1, p2-1);
          p3 := Pos(CLOSEKEYWORD, s);
          if p3>0 then begin
            Text := Copy(s, p2+1, p3-p2-1);
            RVData := TCustomRVFormattedData(RVData.Edit);
            RVData.SetSelectionBounds(i, p1, i, p1+Length(OPENKEYWORD)+p3+Length(CLOSEKEYWORD)-1);
            rve.ApplyStyleConversion(CONVERT_TO_HYPERTEXT);
            rve.InsertStringTag(Text, Target);
            // for older versions of TRichView: rve.InsertStringTag(Text, Integer(StrNew(PChar(Target))));
            continue;
          end;
        end;
      end;
      end
    else if RVData.GetItemStyle(i)=rvsTable then begin
      Table := TRVTableItemInfo(RVData.GetItem(i));
      for r := 0 to Table.RowCount-1 do
        for c := 0 to Table.ColCount-1 do
          if Table.Cells[r,c]<>nil then
             DetectCustomLinks(TCustomRVFormattedData(Table.Cells[r,c].GetRVData), rve);
    end;
    dec(i);
  end;

end;
Call:

DetectCustomLinks(RichViewEdit1.RVData, RichViewEdit1);
I created this code as an addition to Assorted\Hypertext\CreateHyperlink\ demo, so it uses a style conversion CONVERT_TO_HYPERTEXT.

If you use procedures from Assorted\Hypertext\URLs\, then instead of rve.ApplyStyleConversion(CONVERT_TO_HYPERTEXT) you can write:

URLScanEvent(RVData.GetItemStyle(i), r);
rve.ApplyTextStyle(r);
Update 2011-Oct-22: changed for compatibility with TRichView 13.3+
Last edited by Sergey Tkachenko on Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roliat

Post by Roliat »

Hello!

Please apologize my delay. But sometime your board doesn't send me a notification. I just checked an the last mail was from "18.08.2011 19:31" (my timezone).

I just detected your code some minutes ago, so I couldn't check it. But I assume it will work great ;)

However, I'll post a reply when I worked with the code.

Thank you very much for your support.