Video Created has Blank (black) for 1st Frame

RVMedia support and discussion (components for displaying and controlling IP cameras, webcams, video conferencing, video chats, recording audio and video files)
[email protected]

Video Created has Blank (black) for 1st Frame

Post by [email protected] »

Writing from 1) a camera or 2) user supplied images the first frame of all videos created is always blank (black).

Thanks for implementing the feature to create video from user supplied images. Your only competition in this area is http://www.delphiffmpeg.com and RVMedia works better and simpler than their Video Encoder.
Cheers,

John Sigoloff
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: Video Created has Blank (black) for 1st Frame

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

It was made intentional. Recording is started immediately after assigning Recording = True, and frames (last frame received by recorder from the video source) are written every 1/VideoFramePerSec sec.
If video source is not ready, black frames are written at the beginning. To minimize this effect, start the camera before starting recording.

But, actually, it makes sense only when recording video with sound, to make them synchronized. In the next update, we will remove writing black frames at the beginning of silent videos.
oliver

Post by oliver »

I am starting the camera before starting the recording, but I still get a black frame at the beginning. I am capturing a continuous video stream to multiple files and in order to play them back seamlessly, that black frame at the beginning of each video file is a real problem.

Do you have a timeframe of when you will be able to fix this?

Oliver
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

As soon as possible, we are currently fixing another bug. I do not know how many time it will take, maybe we will fix it today, maybe after a week...