TrvActionParaBorder

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
standay

TrvActionParaBorder

Post by standay »

Hi Sergey,

OnShowingDialog seems to work OK.

However, in my code to do what I'm after, I need to know when the dialog created by TrvActionParaBorder returns mrOK or mrCancel. I can not find a way to get that information.

Do you have any ideas on how to do that?

Thanks Sergey

Stan
standay

Re: TrvActionParaBorder

Post by standay »

Hi Sergey,

I came up with a workaround.

In my menu item onclick, I store the current state of my rve modified, then set the rve modified to false, then show the dialog using the OnShowingDialog event of TrvActionParaBorder to preset my colors. If the dialog OK button is clicked, then the rve modified goes true and I run some additional code and keep the color and border settings from the dialog. If the dialog is cancelled, the rve modified remains false and I don't run additional code, and then I set the modified state back to the previously stored state. Hacky, but it works.

Stan
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Yes, this solution is ok.
Alternatively, you can check for OnChange event call.
standay

Post by standay »

Hi Sergey,

I created a private boolean var and set that to true in rve.OnChange. In my menu item OnClick I set that var to false and then call the para border dialog. If the var is still false after that, I exit. If it's true I run my code. So yes, that works as well plus it's simpler code and I'm not messing with my rve's modified property.

Thanks for the idea!

Stan