print preview and page setup actions

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
standay

print preview and page setup actions

Post by standay »

Hi Sergey,

I've run into something I don't understand. In a new VCL project using an rve 21.7.3. Add:

rve
rve style (link to rve)
rva control panel (link to rvprint)
rvprint
action list with print preveiw, print, and pagesetup actions
a button that runs the print preview action.

OK, leave the print preview action "unconnected". By that I mean, don't associate anything in the ide to it like a control, control panel or actions. Run it that way and use the button to launch the print preview. If you run the page setup from the print preview button up top, change something in the page setup dialog and the preview adjusts as expected.

However, assign the print preview action's ActionPageSetup parameter and try it again. Now run the page setup from the print preview. Make a change in the page setup and the preview does not respond.

Why is this? I would expect linking the ActionPageSetup parameter to the ActionPageSetup action should work. These 2 actions seem to relate to each other in some way I can't understand. If you could tell me how that works I'd appreciate it!

Thanks Sergey

Stan
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: print preview and page setup actions

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

As for non-linked actions, they are linked implicitly.
When ActionPreview needs ActionPageSetup and it is not assigned, it searches on the same form and uses the first found ActionPageSetup.
The same happens for almost all links between RichViewActions.

I'll check the problem with explicitly defined ActionPageSetup.