RichViewEdit vs RichView

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
Deiv

RichViewEdit vs RichView

Post by Deiv »

Hello,
I speak very little English language, for my questions used a translator, this is my first time in the forum:

1. - How can I do that the Component RichViewEdit or RichView cannot be edited? what I need to make is that these components cannot copy (CTRL+C) their contents (text) and then paste for example in a Block of notes with CTRL+V.

2. - I have saved with Microsoft Word a File that contained Text with superimposed graphics (behind the text) in format RTF, but when recovering with:

Code: Select all

RichViewEdit1.InsertRTFFromFileEd ('D:\MyFile.rtf') 

All good one, but the RichViewEdit recovers that file very different to my RTF, that is to say, the RichViewEdit shows me the RTF with a text adjustment Up and Below (of Microsoft Word) in the graph, that is to say text (up) - I draw (below) - text (a lot plus below) and not superimposed, however, I had prepared it behind the text (the superimposed graph). Why doesn't RichViewEdit recover the such RTF and like it is with the text above the graph?

3. - I have tried to load a RTF with RichView after applying the RVStyle, this way:

Code: Select all

RichView1.LoadRTF ('D:\MyFile.rtf') 

But I cannot load the File with this function. How do I load (do I recover) a RTF with RichView?
Thanks
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

1. TRichView cannot be edited. To disallow editing TRichViewEdit, set RichViewEdit.ReadOnly = True.
To prevent copying from TRichView or TRichViewEdit, exclude all rvoAutoCopy* options from the Options property.
If you want to prevent drag&drop too, include rvoDisallowDrag in the same Options property.

2. I think it's because of property values.
Right click RichViewEdit1 in Delphi, choose "Settings" in popup menu, select "Allow adding styles dynamically" and click OK.

3. Call RichView1.Format after calling LoadRTF.
Deiv

Post by Deiv »

Hi,
Thank you to respond, your help has been very effective to my questions Nº 1 and Nº 3, I don't have doubts, but now I cannot solve the question Nº 2, I have followed the steps that me you indicated me,
2. I think it's because of property values.
Right click RichViewEdit1 in Delphi, choose "Settings" in popup menu, select "Allow adding styles dynamically" and click OK.
but RichViewEdit recovers even this way the file RTF very different to what I have created.
Do You could to create a file RTF with superimposed graphics (text above the graph), and then to try to recover it with TRichViewEdit? And Do you maybe could this way to understand better my question please?
A greeting
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

No, TRichView does not support floating images
Deiv

Post by Deiv »

Thanks,
Maybe in a next version?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin