Documents with tables - very low preview quality

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
Pent

Documents with tables - very low preview quality

Post by Pent »

Ok, I've actually posted in Russian support forum, but I guess I have better chance to be answered here.

So, the problem is in documents containing tables. I use ReportHelper control in my application. When I call Init, format first page (I'm working with 1-page documents only) and draw document 1:1, everything is Ok: Image

But, if I call DrawPreview to scale document down or up, I get somewhat weird results:
As you can see, some table cells are misaligned, and the document looks ugly.

This happens with any document containing a table.

So, are there any workarounds to solve the problem? As I understand, one can only format rich text in the screen/printer resolution. I guess that formatting rich text in arbitrary resolution (not depending on any Canvas) would be the key. For example, if I could format my document in resolution of say 23 dpi, it would certainly be the remedy in the first case.

I understand, that problem described is not critical, because some preview is actually created. But maybe there is some workaround? I don't actually ask for WYSIWYG (but that would no doubt be awesome), formatting in arbitrary resolution would solve everything.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

1 pixel rounding off errors are unavoidable, sorry.
If there are larger errors, please send me RVF documents reproducing them.
Pent

Post by Pent »

Ok.. Hope you will find a way to fix it some day.