Desperate for new update

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
cychia

Desperate for new update

Post by cychia »

I keep receiving email from my client rushing me for some editor's limitation, majority of ask are asking for image alignment.

From previous post, there are many others also waiting for this feature, and it seems already in your to do list.

Recently the update seems to be slowing down or something. Sound like having some new big feature is currently implementing.

May I know a bit about current development status so that I can hint my customer for new update on my software.

Thank you very much! :D
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

The current version is not too different from v1.9.26 (alpha) which can be download by reistered users. Mostly bug fixes.
cychia

sound like no good news for me

Post by cychia »

Current version not helping me a lot.

1. It is alpha version, I cannot apply it to my commercial product yet.
2. Only bug fixes without any new feature added in, esspecially feature i need. But thanks a lot for the effort on helping to solve the bug.
3. From your reply, I am not able to answer my customers' question.

Can I at least know is this requested feature is currently developing? Any obstacle during the development? So that I know how to reply my customers. I feel so sorry to keep asking the same question :( , but I really have to let my customers aware of my product's development.

Thanks again!! :wink:
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Currently it is not in development, but it is next in the line of major features
cychia

wow!! really?

Post by cychia »

Wow! That's a good news!

But it leads me to another 2 more questions to ask:

1. Since this major feature is not developing currently, that means currently you are handling another major features? or some minor features? If it is major feature, may I know what is that feature? If it is minor feature, meaning in short future the next major feature, will be started?
2. May I have an expected date for Image Alignment to be done? It does not matter if it will take another 5 years or more, but I really need to be frank to my customers instead of always putting them on hold without any definite answer. If my customers cannot accept the time frame, then I will try to negotiate a refund to them, so that I could inform them again to look at my product once the feature is done, even if it takes much longer time. Sorry for chasing you so hard on this request, but I really need to work out something for my customers.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

1. Still the same - new table repagination algorithm. Minor features usually takes less than day to implement, so I cannot say that I am working on them. They are taken from time to time from to-do list, or when they become critical to some customers.
2. End of this winter.