class not found TrvActionAddictSpell3

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
alanmcd

class not found TrvActionAddictSpell3

Post by alanmcd »

I've just upgraded from 1.9.
I have recompiled everything and installed all the pallete again.
I am using addict and rvactions so I removed dot for define uservaddict3
My app builds OK.
But when it executes I get
Project smm.exe raised exception class EClassNotFound with message 'Class TrvActionAddictSpell3 not found'. Process stopped. Use Step or Run to continue.

I notice the install instructions still refer to rvactionsRunD7.dpk but the new source doesn't contain this package. I assume the new RichView... packages replace the 2 old design/run time packages.
But I can't understand why the define is not forcing the linking of the missing class.
Any suggestions?
Alan
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

May be your project was compiled with older version of RichViewActions. It may happen even if newer files are installed. Delete all files of older version and all duplicate files in different directories.

PS: where do install instructuns refor to rvactionsRunD7.dpk? I thought I updated them, at least new install.txt in RichViewActions contains new instructions.
alanmcd

Post by alanmcd »

hmmm, I actually removed all the old files before I did the upgrade.
So I just removed everything and did it all over again.
Still the same.
It works fine until I try to use the addict class and actions.
I've even tried removing the defines and compiling the addict class without the conditionals but the actions still do not find the class.
alanmcd

Post by alanmcd »

sorry - as for the instructions, you're right they aren't there in the new instructions. I was dreaming (trying to compare them) and got confused for a second.
alanmcd

Post by alanmcd »

I've completely uninstalled addict and richview including addons and recompiled and installed all components again:
With the old version (1.9) I had this line in my project source
Application.CreateForm(TrvActionsResourceAddict3, rvActionsResourceAddict3);

I had my main menu include the spellcheck and thesaurus actions as menu items. (rvActionsResourceAddict3.rvActionAddictSpell31 and thesaurus)
The app would load, the actions would be dynamically loaded into the main menu and the RVApopupmenu would have the live spell suggestions.

If I remove the autocreate line (above) the app runs OK, the live spell check actions are loaded into the RVAPopupmenu but the actions aren't loaded into the main menu.
If I leave the autocreate line in - I get the class not found error.

Does this prompt a memory cell of what I might have broken?
thanks for your help.
Alan
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Is TrvActionsResourceAddict3 available when you call "New Standard Action" command in TActionList component (any TActionList, in design time)?
This action must be in "RVE Spell Check" group.
alanmcd

Post by alanmcd »

Yep, the action list is visible and the action is assigned.
I've always had addict and I've never compiled the rvactionsd7 and now richviewactionsd7 package without the define being active. But I have quarantined the old rvactionsd7bpl.
richviewactionsd7 package is ticked in the installed packages and it's in the bpl folder.
it's as if the define is preventing the class from being incorporated into the library.
alanmcd

Post by alanmcd »

I renamed dmActionsAddict3 to dmActionsAddict31
and I renamed the 2 actions to 35 instead of 3
and it's all working fine now.
why?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

I still think that you have duplicate files (source, dcu or compiled packages) in different directories, and sometimes unexpected files were used.
alanmcd

Post by alanmcd »

hmmm, that class is compiled (or not) into richviewactions.dcu so if I search for this file I should find duplicates if they exist. correct?
But when I do, there are no duplicates.
As I said, I have never used actions WITHOUT addict switched on so I can't even understand how a dcu could be built with it switched off.
got me beat...
Alan