missing graphic

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
mcged

missing graphic

Post by mcged »

I have a word doc consisting mostly of text and screenshots. However, in WORD, I added is a colored textbox and arrow to one of the screenshots. Then I saved this file as RTF and am using it as a resource file in my app. Everything looks fine, except that the images I added in Word are missing.

Thank you.
Marie Claire
shmp

Post by shmp »

Unless the graphics are registered for richviewedit, your application will not recognize them and therefore will not display them. Look at the source sample towards the bottom to see how they should be registered. Components for graphics must also be included in the use section. Graphis will not appear because RichViewEdit does not recognized them unless registered.

Good luck.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Sorry, MS Word drawing objects cannot be read by TRichView.
mcged

Post by mcged »

Please suggest a way then to accomplish this task. I want to place a "note" on a screenshot.
Thank you
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

If you want to load documents with such images in TRichView, these images must be converted to metafiles.
How to do it (in MS Word):
- select the screenshot with its note (as far as I understand, the image must be floating, otherwise MS Word does not allow to select it together with other graphic objects)
- cut them to the clipboard;
- Edit | Paste Special, paste as metafile.
mcged

Post by mcged »

I knew you'd have an answer! I had to put the stuff on a drawing canvas and it does indeed increase the file size, but I now have a yellow box on my screenshot.

Thanks a million.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

If file size is a problem, you can convert all bitmap images in documents to PNG (the closest example: how to convert all images to bmp: http://www.trichview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=761 )
How to use PNG in TRichView: http://www.trichview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=89