CaretMove problem

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
TAG

CaretMove problem

Post by TAG »

When moving the curser up and down in a text data file that is column delimited I need the curser to stay in the same col.

In RichView once I hit a shorter line, it will stay in that column and not move back to the column I was working in.

Is there a setting for this type of behavior or do I need to write my own routine to reposition back to the working col when text is there.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

No, there is no option for blocking up and down keys in tables
MLefebvre

Post by MLefebvre »

Sergey, not sure I understand your answer. As far as I understand the initial post, the issue is not related to tables. It applies to plain-text paragraphs : to have the caret back to initial position (horizontally) when you issue a <Down, Up> or <Up, Down> key sequence, even though the caret has been temporarily "trapped to the left" because of a shorter text line.

MS-Word does that (BTW, the present message editor does as well, just try ...), and from ergonomics p.o.v it makes sense. It is not a major point, but maybe you could put that in a mid-term to-do list ?
TAG

Post by TAG »

You are correct - I am talking about plain text.

When moving around in the text, Richview does not function like the Richedit control I have replaced. The curser(Caret) will end up working it's way to the first col when you move up and down.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Ah, sorry, I did not understand the question.
This feature is not implemented. It is planned, but has low priority