Numbered lists, wrong font after load / save

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
a.weber

Numbered lists, wrong font after load / save

Post by a.weber »

Hello,
in some of our MSWord created files (docx, rtf) there is a custom Textstyle "Standard-Arial" applied to all texts the default "Standard" ist kept with word defaults. (this happens also if you assign in word just any font or size without useing a template)

If we load such a document with TRichView or ScaleRichView and save these documents as RTF or DOCX - the Format / Style of the numbers is reset to "Standard" instead of "Standard-Arial".
In the original Word document the StyleTemplates for these numbered lists don't have a fontname and so on, but after load / save with TRichView they get assigned the first style / font of the document.
In Word these NumberLists use / inherit the format of the paragraph just in time of rendering.
I think the logic durring loading these styles from docx / rtf is wrong, that they substitute the not assigned font with the document default / first font?

The list uses the "Standard-Arial" Formattemplate - with Arial 12 as its default. So the numbers are Arial 12 and Text after.
SimpleList_MSWord.png
SimpleList_MSWord.png (20.62 KiB) Viewed 23966 times
After load save the numbers are rendered with "Calibri" ("Standard") - because the template of the list was changed from no font - to first font / format.
SimpleList_ScaleRichView.png
SimpleList_ScaleRichView.png (20.67 KiB) Viewed 23966 times
André
Attachments
SimpleList_MSWord.docx
(13.84 KiB) Downloaded 619 times
SimpleList_ScaleRichView.docx
(6.68 KiB) Downloaded 607 times
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: Numbered lists, wrong font after load / save

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

I'll check what I can do to load these files as close to the original as possible.
But currently TRichView does not have an option for not defining font for a list marker.
a.weber

Post by a.weber »

Hi,

my first idea was - to clone the list style and set the same font / size / color - as the following paragraph, but this seems a very complex tasks - because if the same list style is used with different fonts/size/color - I need extra clones and I need to find out where a new list starts so that every instance of a numbered list may get it's own style with the correct font / size / color at each level.
First I think we should preserve the info that the font or some properties are not defined in the loaded document and were substituted with some "default" to ignore these list styles / levels durring clone if f.e. the font was assigned in the loaded document.

André
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Normally, when reading RTF, TRichView creates lists basing on RTF's table of lists. Then it adjusts list property according to the first occurrence of a list marker. As far as I remember, such an adjustment includes modifying indents. I'll see, maybe I can do the same with fonts.
a.weber

Post by a.weber »

Hello Sergey,
Have you also worked on this point in the current version?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Actually, TRichView already does adjustment of some font properties for the first list marker. But it does not do it for a font name.
It's more complicated, because fonts name of bullets should not be adjusted. I need more time. Not in the next update, sorry.