Black mpeg video

RVMedia support and discussion (components for displaying and controlling IP cameras, webcams, video conferencing, video chats, recording audio and video files)
inform-awe

Black mpeg video

Post by inform-awe »

Hi,

I'm using 5 RVcamera objects to display the video of 5 IP-cameras. Everything is working well. I also configured 5 RVCamRecorders objects to record the video files of this cameras. 3 of them are working well. 2 of them are producing correct video files (mpeg). But if I want to watch them on any video player (vlc, wmp), I could only see a black video.

Any idea, whats going wrong? As aditional information - the two cameras with the faulty files are configured with a resolution of 2560x1920. the working cameras are configured with a resolution of 1920x1080.

Now, when I'm checked the resolution of the cameras (I took some pictures), I recognized, that the stream of the 3 working cameras is configured as jpeg, the stream of the 2 non working cameras as mjpeg. I configured the RVCamRecorder objects with the video codec rvvcMPEG2 - could this be the reason for the faults?

Best, Alex
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: Black mpeg video

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Do I understand correctly: RVMedia can display videos from all these cameras, the problem only in recording?

A format of source video should not matter: a recorder simply requests the last received frame periodically. So, recorder does not depend on the way how these frames were received.
Can you change a resolution of a problematic camera? Does the problem still exist in a different resolution?