text modules with numbered lists

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
Usch Wildt

text modules with numbered lists

Post by Usch Wildt »

Hi,
I use TRichview in an application where the users can create and format text modules. I use the RichViewActions there.
Later the users can select text modules to generate a document.
I merge the document from the selected modules using InsertRVFFromStream.
Now my problem:
When the user selects text modules that contain numbered lists, in the resulting document the numbers in each list begin with 1, even if the lists in the text modules are marked as "continue".
What can I do to continue the numberes?

Thank you,

Usch Wildt
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Please send me a simple project reproducing this problem
Usch Wildt

Post by Usch Wildt »

Hi,
I found out some more:
First, that my problem also happens in the ActionsTest-Aplication: When I format two text passages in one document as continuing lists there, anyway the second list starts with 1.
So I implemented code that creates a special style. I run this code when I start the application. When the user needs a continous list, I assign this style to the selected text.
Everything is fine with text modules that are created in the same application session. But when I close and restart the application, create new text modules and merge them with some "old" ones, again the numbering doesn't continue in the whole document, but starts with 1 again, when a module from another session comes.
So how can a be sure to assign the SAME style to the text modules? How are styles identified?

I send you an example project.

Thanks,
Usch Wildt