Chinese Characters, DBISAM & eDocEngine

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
tkeegan

Chinese Characters, DBISAM & eDocEngine

Post by tkeegan »

Hi,

I am working on an application that requires me to use Chinese characters + English characters.

Questions:
1. I believe that TRichView is using the UniCode rather than CodePages...is this correct?
2. If I am using a DB aware component with DBISAM. Can my Database memo field simply by a string field or should I be selecting a Binary field.

Are there any special considerations/settings/steps for me to export these characters to eDocEngine? I keep getting question marks when I export here.

Regards
Trevor Keegan
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

TRichView can use both Unicode and non-Unicode text. But for Chinese characters, Unicode is required (because TRichView does not support DBCS charsets, only Unicode).
Some settings are required to use Unicode, see http://www.trichview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70
RichView Format requires binary field.

As for eDocEngine details, it's better to ask eDocEngine developers.
tkeegan

Post by tkeegan »

Hello Sergey,

Infact I have been asking everyone....I have now managed to save the documents to DBISAM.....but I have found that it works with either Memo Field or Binary field.

As for eDocEngine, they tell me that I cannot use any font that I like. They say that I must use the Arial Unicde MS font. So it now seems that my problem is actually on that side. Unfortunately the Arial Unicode MS font apparently comes with MS Office, and this is something that I am not using.

Any other tools/methods of exporting the TRichView to JPEG/TIFF/PDF that you know of that will allow me to keep my chinese characters (or any other language)? Are there any code snippets that might help me get started?

Regards
Trevor Keegan
tkeegan

Post by tkeegan »

BTW, I have tried both the IIPDF and RichViewPDF....neither of them I can build for C++ Builder v6.0......I hope that you can help.

Regards
Trevor Keegan
tkeegan

Post by tkeegan »

Hello Sergey,

I have found in the help file, how to extract the page into a MetaFile, but I cannot work out how to get it into a Bitmap....If I can do this I will be happy :-)

Do you have a code snippet that will help me.

Regards
Trevor Keegan
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Probably you misanderstood Gnostice. May be they meant that not all fonts have Chinese characters?

Drawing page on bitmap is even simpler than on metafile.
Set the butmap size (assign bmp.Width and bmp.Height properties), then use bmp.Canvas (both in RVReportHelper.Init and DrawPage)