Arrow/TAB not working in tables

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
mphilbrick

Arrow/TAB not working in tables

Post by mphilbrick »

Sergey,

This is an odd question ... my apologies.

I compiled my entire application as an ActiveX control. TRichViewEdit generally works fine. The arrow and TAB keys work as expected in a plain document.

When the cursor is within a table, the arrow keys treat the table as a single object, and pressing the right arrow key, for example, moves the cursor to the right of the table, not the next character in the cell or the next cell if there are no more characters.

If TRichViewEdit is part of a modal dialog there is no problem.

Do I need to intercept the key and call a method in the top level editor to carry out the key stroke? Is there a way of doing this?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Sorry, I cannot answer to this question right now. I'll answer it after 2 weeks, when I return.
mphilbrick

Post by mphilbrick »

Sergey,

Just a reminder about this incident. If you need more information or a sample application, I will try to put one together. Preferably, I would be happy with just a few things I could try in code to make this work manually.

Note that I will be out of the office from 4/16 to 4/29.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

I created an ActiveX, and I can confirm the problem. Unfortunately, it's difficult to debug ActiveX, so it may take some time.
mphilbrick

Post by mphilbrick »

I can attest to that -- debugging ActiveX is more difficult. If possible, it would be helpful to have an answer by early May. Thank you.
mphilbrick

Post by mphilbrick »

Sergey,

Have you had a chance to investigate this?