Printing Problem with tables!

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
softtouch

Post by softtouch »

Instead of fixing other things, this one should have HIGHEST priority. The product is quiet useless with this bug.
MLefebvre

Post by MLefebvre »

I would not say that. Really.
Yet, Sergey, time is passing ... Did you give up ?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

No, just another work (many small changes and bug fixes) distracted me from this problem.
Yernar Shambayev

Post by Yernar Shambayev »

softtouch wrote:Instead of fixing other things, this one should have HIGHEST priority. The product is quiet useless with this bug.
I don't think it's useless with it, but it will be much more powerful without it!
softtouch

Post by softtouch »

Yernar Shambayev wrote:
softtouch wrote:Instead of fixing other things, this one should have HIGHEST priority. The product is quiet useless with this bug.
I don't think it's useless with it, but it will be much more powerful without it!
It IS useless, because in a professional application, the user has to print the document and is not able to do so... Most people are using tables inside the document and printing is a quiet important task for them. Imagine you have WinWord and can not print tables... would you be satisfied?
MLefebvre

Post by MLefebvre »

To Softtouch : We all agree that it is highly suitable that RV can print table rows larger than 1-page height, even though this is probably required only in exceptional cases. I do expect it to be available soon, but let's also understand that it may be quite a complex issue. In addition, RV provides a number of unique features that are probably more useful than this one, and I am thankful to Sergey keeping an eye on various smaller improvements.
mspoor

Post by mspoor »

Is there any news yet?
We use the printing mechanism for printing excel-like reports, and this problem has been a real pain in the *** for some time now... :(
softtouch

Post by softtouch »

Its almost 10 month since I reported this, and STILL no fix in sight... This bug renders some of my projects totally useless. People like to have tables and they also like to print it...
MLefebvre

Post by MLefebvre »

Sergey, could you take a COMMITMENT now on this issue ? I would appreciate that, some strategic decisions are pending and cannot be delayed any longer.

Please let us at last see something, at the planned date, even though it is still a beta with identified bugs and lacks and with planned complements.

Best regards,
ML
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

I am planning to upload a new beta or pre-beta this week
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

uploaded yesterday
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Anyone who have tried the beta, and have some feedback?

How stable is the beta? Should I consider putting it in production?

Best regards
Ove Halseth
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

All features, except for table printing, are well tested.
So, if you do not need to print document with tables, you can safely use it.

Table printing has limitations listed in the "Announcement" forum. There is no known bugs. But I still do not recommend to use it in applications, if you plan to release it in September or in the beginning of October.
softtouch

Post by softtouch »

Sergey Tkachenko wrote:All features, except for table printing, are well tested.

Table printing has limitations listed in the "Announcement" forum. There is no known bugs. But I still do not recommend to use it in applications, if you plan to release it in September or in the beginning of October.
Hopefully there will be a version with table printing in September or latest beginning of October.

I dont know any longer what I shall tell my clients why they cant print tables...
hubert

Announcement form

Post by hubert »

Sergey Tkachenko wrote:All features, except for table printing, are well tested.

Hi Sergey,
where can I find this forum?