MultiItem support in RVWordEnum

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
AVS

MultiItem support in RVWordEnum

Post by AVS »

Hello Sergey,

I have problems with spellchecking. It can happen that special characters breaks up words, so a single word spans two items or more. And then only parts of the word gets underlined. Especially the German "Umlaute" like ü ö ä or ß make problems here.

I have not found out yet, why a special character sometimes starts a new item. But anyway I would prefer a different solution, because I also want to treat words that have a part of the word in a different color as a single word for the spellchecking.

I started investigation and found the MultiItem parameter in TCustomRVFormattedData.SearchTextR. With this parameter true all the words with special characters or different colors inside are treated as one word. Exactly as I would expect it for the spellchecking. For me only a whitspace delimits words.

Is there any chance you will support a MultiItem property in TRVWordEnumerator to optionally switch behavior in near future?
Thank you for your answer!

Christian
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

It's planned for future, but I cannot tell when it will be implemented, sorry.
AVS

Post by AVS »

Okay, maybe I will try it on my own, when I have time. Thanks for the quick response!