C++ Installation

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
nachbar

C++ Installation

Post by nachbar »

Thanks so much for your work on the installer, including the spell check parsers, XML components, etc.

I have RAD Studio 10.1 Berlin Update 2, but I almost exclusively use C++ Builder. I also have installed the DevExpress VCL components -- I installed the V16.2 version (which is shown as a beta). I also have the Addict Spell Checker installed.

Two questions:

(1) The installation program has two checkboxes, one for "Install C++Builder packages (they cannot be installed in the same IDE as Delphi packages)" and one for "Install Delphi packages (in Delphi and C++Builder, if possible)" The instructions above those choices says "Install in IDE (if the both options are checked, the Setup will run the IDE installer twice: once for C++Builder packages, once for Delphi packages)"

So, the instruction in the header implies that both C++Builder and Delphi can be selected and installed, the first checkbox states that the C++Builder packages cannot be installed in the same IDE as Delphi), and the second checkbox states that checking that checkbox alone will install into both Delphi and C++Builder.

My question: Which box(es) should I check if I mostly want to use TRichView and friends in C++Builder?

(2) The installation proceeded (I tried checking C++Builder only), but the "optional integration in DevExpress VCL" was skipped, and the "optional ExpressSpellChecker parser" was skipped. Do you know why those DevExpress integration components were not installed, and how I can get them to install?

Thanks!

James Nachbar
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

1)
"Install Delphi packages (in Delphi and C++Builder, if possible)"
This option installs Delphi packages (DPROJ packages).
If you have both Delphi and C++Builder, it's recommended to choose this option. You will be able to use these TRichView both in Delphi and C++Builder, and all our C++ demos refer to these DPROJ packages.

"Install C++Builder packages"
This option installs C++Builder packages (CBPROJ packages)
Choose this option only if you do not have Delphi at all, only C++Builder. If you do not have Delphi, DPROJ packages cannot be installed.

2) About DevExpress.
TRichView CBPROJ packages refers to DevExpress CBPROJ packages.
TRichView DPROJ packages refers to DevExpress DPROJ packages.
The most probably, DevExpress DPROJ packages were installed.

So I suggest to install Delphi packages of TRichView.
It's not necessary to do a full reinstall of TRichView, choose the proper "Install in IDE" shortcut in the Start menu.