Help in Replace

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
rcor

Help in Replace

Post by rcor »

Hello to all Im trying to buid a MailMerge and took the sample from the first mailmerge my problem is this:

Hello Mr. {name} we would like to invite you

After the process of replace executes i get

Hello Mr. John Smith

And I lose the other words.

Maybe I have some parameter wrong or something is in False or in True i use TrichView and the Style but it is not close like in demo i left it open and only use one Trichview in demo they use 2 one for template and one for output.

TIA
Ramiro :(
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Can you send me a simple project reproducing this problem?
I just tested, the demo http://www.trichview.com/support/files/ ... e-text.zip works fine.
rcor

Help in Replace

Post by rcor »

Thanks for your reply but Im not unsing the code from mailmerge-text as sample Im using the one that uses PChar as string and tag, is the first demo in the delphi demo samples.

TIA
Ramiro

Ps.
The demo works ok i think i may have some parameter in false that sould be in true or maybe in the styles i may have somothing with another value.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Well, I can only repeat my request: please send me a simple project reproducing the problem.
rcor

Help in Replace

Post by rcor »

Hello again

I forgot to mention that Im using Blob Field to store document of the mailmerge i will build a sample project to send it to you.

The editor part of the mailmerge was build using the sample of the editors.
and the info on the mailmerge. from the first demo of mailmerge.

In the editor part when i load from database to editor i use TStream and when i save it to the database i use TMemoryStream this because it was the only form i could find to save it to field.

I dont now if this could maybe be affecting the finall process.

TIA
Ramiro
rcor

Help in Replace

Post by rcor »

Hello Again

I tried the idea from the demo mailmerge-text in all whent ok here evrething ok i think with this demo the info is the last caracter that tells where is the end for the replace of information.

Before this I tried to send it to file because maybe that was the problem and no luck the info was replaced.

I will still sendo you the demo so you can tell what i did wrong or how to correct the problem.

TIA
Ramiro